Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend from Heaven

Wow...so this weekend was absolutely wonderful! It all started with my boss telling me that I could leave work 2 hours early so I could get to be with Jen longer. I was so excited! Mostly because everyone else in the office went to see The Dark Knight again and I was a little jealous that that they left Lynnette and me in the office to fend for ourselves. haha. Anyway, so I go home and pack and head up to SLC to Jen's grandparent's house. It was great. It's tradition that every time we are over there, we have Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. As soon as I see Jen, she is followed by her mom who is carrying something. I look over and what do I see? What else? Papa Murphy's pizza! I was so happy! All of the adults went out to eat, so it was Jen, her sister, Laura, Laura's friend, Jess and me chowing down on the pizza! We played games, watched the office, and when it got darkish outside we set out some blankets and looked at the stars as we talked/laughed ourselves to sleep! It was so therapeutic and just what I needed. I heart you Jen! :)


I left early this morning to head back to Provo where we had a field day activity with the ward. It was way too much fun! We had a tug of war, 3 legged race relay, and all the fun games from back in the day. My team definitely won which was GREAT. You all know how I love to win! :)





























We each got medals and then we had a HUGE egg fight. We had an egg toss thing for fun and then it just kind of erupted into something very smelly and messy. But, since I was there, it really doesn't surprise me that some sort of food fight was started. I am reminded of last winter when a bunch of us had just gotten back from watching Enchanted at the dollar movies and Emily and I were getting a drink of water and I just randomly dumped mine on her head.

Its a good thing that my friends are cool and down with random things like water and egg fights :) Love it! May I draw your attention to the wetness? Yeah...good times!

Anyway, after we got cleaned up and I went grocery shopping, my girls and I (plus Amelia's husband) went and got full body massages. Now, I've never had one before so I wasn't quite sure exactly what was going to happen and there were a few surprises along the way...

So, everything is good and then she's like okay, I'm going to start massaging your buttocks now. So she starts goin at it and asks me if I was comfortable. I was so incredibly relaxed and my butt had been hurting from sitting on it all the time that I said yes. As I'm laying there I'm thinking, wow...I hope she's not judging me. haha. Seriously though, laying under a sheet with some random girl massaging my butt is usually not a situation that I or any normal person should be comfortable with. haha. Good times though. So anyway, she's workin it and I realize I have to fart. Yeah, bad times. Luckily, I didn't, but still. She starts working on my legs which I was extra excited about since they've been hurting for a while with my serious lack of sleep lately. (gotta love RLS right?) And then I realize that I haven't shaved my legs since Sunday...yeah, nice. The poor girl. The sad thing is, I was so relaxed and it felt so good that I hardly even cared. I think I might have even drooled a little. hahaha. siiiick. Anyway, I'm heading over to Joyce's to complete my lazy day by watching a movie. I hope y'all all had a great weekend! Heartcha! XOXO

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You're so stinkin hilarious, I always laugh outloud when I read your posts! The massage situation is so funny, wish I could have been in your mind just then. 'Hmmm, do I fart or do I not?' And really, with the unshaved legs and knowing how much stubble that equates to, you shoulda let it rip. I mean, it would have been the icing on the cake for her ghetto massage for the day, right! Anyway, so funny. Brandi and I went and got massages last summer and it's the only one I've ever had but there was no butt massaging, that's a little weird but you know, whatever floats their boats up there in Provo! Glad you are having a good weekend, you deserve it and need it! Love ya...

Jen Bowen said...

Yeah for Tara posts! You definitely entertain and make me happy. I'm glad your weekend was so good. I need to get better about blogging again. I guess with full body massage they mean FULL body.