Sunday, July 20, 2008

All About Me (buckle up!)

So, I have recently discovered that my friend, Adam, has a blog! Who knew that other people who aren't married have blogs? I always laugh because on everyone's blog site it always has blog links to the blogs they read right? And usually, everyone on their list are married couples except for me. Needless to say that I was excited when I found out that both Adam and Mellissa have blogs. It made me feel like less of a loser. So thanks, y'all! :) Anyway, I was reading through Adam's blog, trying to catch up on the last 6 months of his life and I found this thing on here that made me kinda happy. It reminded me of the good ol days when I would get these in emails and for some reason, I LOVED filling them out. Not because I was afraid that I would have bad luck with love for the next 7 years if I didn't fill it out, but just that I loved getting them back from people to learn things about them that I didn't know before! Plus, everyone that I sent it to could learn new ways that I was weird and abnormal. haha. Everyone loves that right? :) Although, come to think of it...I have outlasted most of my roommates in the whole relationship/getting married thing...maybe those few surveys that I didn't fill out and send to 10 people really did curse me...the word is out. You shouldn't ignore them. :)

A-Attached or Single: As clearly stated above, single. But very attached to corn dogs and homemade french fries at the moment :)
B-Best Friend: This one is actually really easy. It kinda made me sweat for bit when I thought that I would have to pick one out of all of my wonderful friends, but then I thought, "Silly, Auntie! Who has been there through EVERYTHING with you? Gotten you through all of those rough times and all the great ones?" That's right... its Mr. Rogers. hahaha jk!! Definitely my sister, Meredith. You rock my socks girl! From me drinking your perfume, to you throwing all of my play make-up away because it was 'ugly' (was that pay back by the way?), we've been through a lot together and I cant wait for all the awesome adventures we have ahead of us! Love you bad, girl! XOXO
C-Cake or Pie: How about a combo of both? Is that cheating? Boston Cream Pie is the way to my heart. Its technically cake, but very pie-esque. Love it!
D-Day of Choice: 'I would have to say, April 23rd because it's not too hot, and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket!' haha I'm sorry...I just had to! I would say Saturdays right now. I get to sleep in and usually get to do something fun! :)
E-Essential Item: My 'man' pillow. Its actually not essential for ME, but essential for those sleeping around me if they don't like me cuddling up really close to them in the wee hours of the night. Ask anyone that I've shared a bed with...it happens every time. I can't help it. I must cuddle when I sleep.
F-Favorite Color: Green. Although, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. ERIN GO BRAGH! (Loose translation: Ireland Forever!)
G-Gummi Bears or Worms: Well, I'm not really supposed to have them...bad teeth structure. Prone to cavities. Sad day, huh? BUT probably worms if I had to choose. And FYI, they're better when they are sour.
H-Hometown: Even though I was born close to Seattle, I claim Fort Worth as my hometown. Good ol southern cooking, humidity and unbearable heat. I love it! :)
I-Indulgence(s): As sick as this sounds, I'm gonna have to go with Gerber Meat Sticks. No one but Meredith will really understand if I try to explain, but know that 1 little jar of those things can make a bad day turn bright. Not to mention that they are a great way to celebrate something. Not kidding. When my drill team won nationals (or maybe it was regionals) my senior year of high school, there was a jar sitting on the counter for me from my parents. Much better than flowers...flowers die.
J-January or July: January...it's the best month. Mostly because it's my birthday month, but yeah...I like it :)
K-Kids: Love em! Especially my two nieces. They are the cutest kids on the planet!
L-Life Is Incomplete Without: Family, the Church, friends, music, dancing, food and flip flops.
M-Marriage Date: Well, when I was little, I was always hoping for 08/08/08 because 8 is my lucky number, but seeing as how that is less than a month away, I don't think that's gonna work out so well. So I'm thinking I need to come up with a different plan! :)
N-Number of Siblings: Two. Older sister, older brother. Best sibs anyone could ask for! I love y'all!
O-Oranges or Apples: Apples. Ever since I could drink apple juice again without throwing up, I've grown to love everything that I had been deprived of for so many years due to an unfortunate family car trip from Montana to Washington. Sorry about that, Meredith. haha. siiiick!
P-Phobias or Fears: I have this strange fear of June Bugs. They scare me. A lot. On a more serious note, I also have a very large fear of never marrying and being alone. I don't think I would handle that too well. It makes me sad just thinking about it! I need a family, that's for darn sure!
Q-Quote: There are oh so many...one of the first that entered my life was, "Service is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see what you've done but only you feel the warmth."
R-Reason to Smile: I have so many reasons...but I can't stop smiling every time I turn on my computer and see the picture of my two nieces on the background of my computer screen. I love them so much!
S-Season: Spring. I love it when everything turns green and blooming. Or in the case of Texas, when everything starts becoming un-dead for a few months before the awful summer heat hits. Plus, there are fun rain storms and sometimes tornadoes, which I love!
T-Tag Six: Meredith, Mellissa, Jen, Zarah, Alicia and Adrienne. Luckily all of them are married except for Mellissa...you'd better fill it out girl...you don't want to end up with bad luck with love for the next 7 years haha.
U-Unknown Fact About Me: I'm extremely OCD about cleaning and organizing things. My clothes are clumped in their respective colors in my closet and if the kitchen/downstairs is a mess, it drives me crazy. Cleaning is actually quite fun for me! On another note, I can pretty much sing along with and quote almost any movie that I've seen more than 3 times. Its a gift. I can't help it.
V-Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Yes, sadly I am an oppressor. Life without meat would be no life at all.
W-Worst Habit: hahah this is kinda gross....but sometimes I fart or burp without really thinking about where I am or what I'm doing. I forget that it grosses some people out and that most think it's not polite. Apparently, my family has no manners. haha.
X-X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Probably ultrasounds. I've never had one, however I have had x-rays and it wasn't fun. Mostly because I was really sick...so yeah, definitely ultra sounds.
Y-Your Favorite Food: that's a hard one. Probably rolls of all things. I love bread with a passion. However, if you are looking for a REAL food, then I would have to say Pepper Steak. Its just too good to not enjoy every bite.
Z-Zippers or Zebras: I'm not sure how these are related but I'm gonna have to go with zippers. They serve a better purpose for me than Zebras. They do look pretty though. :)

So there it is. I hope this wasn't completely boring for everyone. Although, if it was, I guess it's your own darn fault that you read it all the way through! :) Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours!

2 comments:

Zarah said...

hahaha I love you Tara! Definitely enjoyed reading it. I'll work on filling it out since you tagged me and I take that as a personal challenge. ;)

Meredith said...

YOU are hilarious, I'll have to do this when I have some time. I'm online now looking for bday gifts for Ben - thank goodness I have a couple ideas, I just have to find them. Loved your list, it's great and oh so you! Love you like infinity homemade oreo blizzards!