Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

Okay, so I went to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight last night and I tell you what, it was by far the best movie I've seen all summer. Easily. It was definitely dark but Heath Ledger did such an AMAZING job as the Joker that wow...so good. He definitely stole away the show. I was sitting in the theater about 2 hours into the movie and I didn't want it to end. You know it's good when the RLS girl wants to keep sitting. :) I was completely bummed when I remembered the slight fact that Heath Ledger is now dead and wont be around to make the next one. I really don't know if anyone can fill his shoes with this. He was THAT good. He was creepy and demented in such an awesome way. lol. Wow, so good. It definitely put the first movie to shame. I can't wait until I get to see it again. I kept hearing the Joker's laugh last night when I was sleeping...the whole 3 hours that I got. haha. Good times. Seriously though, during the first 5 minutes of the movie, you see just how twisted the Joker really is and we were all in shock with what happened that you kind of have to laugh because it really wasn't what you were expecting at all. Key phrase: "Watch me make this pencil disappear." haha oh man. Intense. Anyway, I highly recommend the movie. Maybe not to Meredith though...I think it would creep you out too much. You're too delicate for that sort of behavior. :) I'm definitely already yearning to watch it again though!

With that said, I'm going to try to make it through work today without completely falling over from lack of sleep. Jen is coming tonight and we have a field day activity tomorrow morning which means that I wont actually get much sleep until Sunday, but that's okay. It was soooo worth it! :) I can catch up on my sleep next week. They are giving us Thursday and Friday off for Pioneer Day. haha oh how I love Utah in July. :) There is this Rodeo in Spanish Fork that my friends and I are going to and there are fireworks afterwards. These people are just really into Pioneer Day and I'm definitely glad about that! :)

Oh man...I got a new roommate yesterday. It was actually pretty funny cuz I'm sitting on the couch, enjoying an episode of Friends during my lunch break and all of a sudden, the door opens and this random girl walks in. lol. My manager promptly followed her in and said SURPRISE! :) So, I've got 3 roommates now. At least for the next three weeks anyway. I think she's from Venezuela. She doesn't speak English very well but is learning quickly so that's good! If only I paid more attention in High School Spanish class. Mr. Salas...I apologize! :) Anyway, I'm gonna go distract myself with some sudoku or Chuck episodes. See y'all!! XOXO

1 comment:

Meredith said...

That's funny that you said you wouldn't recommend this movie to me because well, I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway just because of the creepiness factor, looks icky to me! But glad you liked it! :) I think Heath & Adrienne are going to see it tonight. We went and saw "Get Smart" last weekend and it was HILARIOUS, you gotta see it if you haven't. Well toodles, have a lovely weekend!