Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, the pain! :)

Yesterday was quite the painful day, but it was so fun. So, in a way, it was definitely worth it! I have recently become a member of golds gym. My reasons were two fold: 1) running in the cold (or extreme heat) is not my cup of tea and seeing as how its freezing for over half the year here, it seemed like a good idea. 2) I have quite a few friends that are members too and thy make me go...good motivation! :) I've been hitting up the treadmills for the last little bit and I run about 3.6 miles a day which has really bummed out my muscles for the last couple of days. It doesn't stop there though...some of my friends and I decided to float down the Provo river again yesterday. However, I wasn't there when they were filling up all of the tubes and one of them either had a hole in it or they just didn't fill it up very much because we pulled it out of the truck and it really was kinda flimsy. They decided that since I'd done it before and that I was the lightest one out of all of them that I should have the little one. Yeah...good. haha. Anyway, they were all kinda scared about getting in because of the current, so I told them I would get in last. Yeah, bad idea. Because my tube was so small, I got in and it just kinda folded and died haha. My ankle preceded to hit countless numbers of large, pointy rocks and now I have some nice battle wounds there. Alas, that is not all, either! :) Since the tube wasn't blown up all the way, the center hole thing was a lot larger than what I'm used to. The end of the hole was where my knees were so I had to use my abs the whole 2ish hours we were floating down the river to keep myself from falling through...needless to say, I just sneezed a bit ago and it hurt. :) Because I was sagging out of my tube a slight bit though, every large rock that was in the river hit my butt. I swear, it was in exactly the same spot every time. I can't sit comfortably unless I have a pillow on that side, or if I lean forward. haha. good times. I also have quite the gash on my back. I'm not sure where it came from though. I think my butt hurt so bad that I didn't even notice it until I got back home. There was this one time when there was an extremely large rock that I didn't see was coming and my friend, Joyce, said that she literally saw my body get popped out of my tube. I remember that one hurting a lot. haha. Its never good when you can see and HEAR it. lol. We also all got massively sun burned, so that adds to the fun. It was definitely worth it though. Gotta love a nice, ghetto tubing experience. What's life without a little pain, right? It just builds character! :) I'm kinda bummed though...the battle wounds are awesome but I can't really show anyone cuz, well...ew. haha. Meh, well, I'll get over it!

After we got back, I met up with some girls from my freshman year ward and we went to Olive Garden. YUMMMM! It was sooo much fun to see everyone again. I had forgotten how I just laugh my head off the whole time whenever I'm with Alicia. Good times, girl! Ah, Freshman year. We came back to my place and watched all of the Pixar shorts which was way fun. After everyone left, I went back over to Irene's where she took care of Joyce, Jens and I because we were so pathetically in pain. She didn't get it as badly as the rest of us so she was kind enough to lather us up with aloe vera, cold rags and water. Thanks girl, you're a life saver! :) I think she had the best time out of all of us just looking at how sad we looked. It was definitely classic. Pictures were taken, but they will not be posted for obvious reasons. haha. Love it! :) Anyway, I'm gonna go eat me some breakfast. Have a GREAT day! XOXO

3 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

It was so nice to have girl time. Thanks again for getting it together!

apb said...

Heh, that's funny that after all your bruising you described how "bummed" out you were. And there's at least one more good thing to come out of all of this--you're now a lot more sympathetic to people with hemorrhoids.

JA and co. said...

That was SO much fun...thanks for letting us crash at your apartment! I've had "Boundin'" stuck in my head for two days...