Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tribute to Erin

So, I guess the good thing about not having much to do at work is that I get to update my blog more often! :) I dunno if that's good for everyone else, but I kinda cheat a little and copy and paste what I write here and add it to my electronic journal and then add stuff as I see fit, so it's nice for my posterity. :)

Yesterday was a weird day, and I'll tell you why. Actually, now that I think of it, it started out weird and then it got really good/fun with some more weird stuff mixed in between. Anyway, it all started in the morning time when I was getting ready for work. I have my alarm set for 6:53 am. This allows me a couple of minutes, give or take, for those plucking eye brows, shaving and/or 'cant figure out what I'm going to wear today' days. Well, apparently, I didn't do any of those yesterday because I was ready for work about 10 minutes before I had to leave. It was weird. I just kinda sat there because even if I went in to work early, I technically couldn't clock in until 8 and I would have to stay until 5, so yeah...really no point in going in early. Alas, I did anyway and strangely enough, no one was here yet. My office isn't in the best part of town...kind of the ghetto of Provo, if you will, and so I was kinda nervous sitting in the office by myself, but luckily Isaac came about 20 minutes later. Then, I'm doing my usual morning ritual of facebooking and such and I find out that my friend, Shannon, got engaged this weekend. Those of you that know me beyond the wonderful world of blogging, know that I'm a very sensitive person, especially when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm always beyond happy for whoever it is, but I think that I've married off so many roommates and so many friends that instead of feeling numb to it, it just keeps hurting more and more each time. It's no helper of the self esteem either...blah. This one was especially hard on me, I think, because back home, our little group of girls that I hung out with are now all either married or spoken for except for me...just another reminder that I'm very single and not anywhere close to making any kind of commitment. I shouldn't let it get to me that much, but it does. I blame Provo. :) At least I still have Kami for sure though...unless there's something she hasn't told me yet! haha. Girl...lets get married at the same time okay? If either of us got married before the other, it would just stink! I think the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I can't seem to stay "in like" with a guy for more than a week. Emily and I have this joke that when I tell her I like someone, she always asks, "how long have you liked him?" And I usually respond with, well...I didn't like him yesterday...or, one of my personal favorites..."yeah, I don't really like him anymore." She asks why and I have to say that I have no idea. Really...there isn't ever a reason. I wish I could control my feelings, however, if I could, I definitely wouldn't be doing the single thing now anyway! :) I'm sure it will all make sense someday, but until then, I'll just wander around in the confusion. Although, the guy that I'm crushing on now has lasted for like 5 days now...impressive. haha. I haven't seen him though, so maybe that's why. He is pretty awesome, so it makes perfect sense that I like him...I'm just wowed that I'm still hangin on! :) I think one of the harder things for me was the whole Trevor relationship last year. I was happy, but I knew that I wasn't as happy as I could be and as I wanted to be. When the whole marriage thing came up, I had to say no which was not easy. Anyway...back to the story...wow that was a long tangent! My bad!

So, my friend, Erin is absolutely great! We met up for lunch yesterday which was very therapeutic. Erin is another one of those girls who just make me laugh all the time. It's so great. We have so much in common that it's almost scary at times. I love it! Anyway, after we returned to work, I was telling her about this wall hanging that I was wanting to try and create and so she came with me to this place called Roberts....I LOVE it. I can't believe I've never heard of it before. It's like Michaels but better. Anyway, we went shopping, got all the stuff for it and crafted away until about midnight. It was awesome. She was so good to help me with it. We grabbed some pizza and crazy bread and watched a countless number of Friends episodes as we worked away. I'm making two...one for me and one for my friend. It was her idea and I decided that I wanted to take on the project....I have a strange love for crafts even though I'm really not that good at it. Anyway, we had so much fun that it made for a great end to a disappointing morning. Thanks girl...you're awesome. I dunno what I'd do without you! I'll post pictures when I finish them today...it should only take me about 2 hours more at the most. Its a plaque thing that says, "Someday my Cowboy will come." How cute right? I'm a sucker for southern boys. I can't help it. :)

To report, today started out much better. I got done on regular time and when I got here, my first job assigned to me was to figure out if there was such a thing as 'wear your pajamas to work day.' I am happy to report that it is April 18th. We are, however, changing it to a more closer date and are saying that we'll do it before the semester starts. Maybe even tomorrow. We'll see. haha. Good times at work. That may just be the extent of the work they give me today. I'm not sure. Oh and on another note...I finally finished all 7 Narnia books so I'm going to move on to reading Twilight, by many of my friend's requests. It should be good...at least from what I've heard anyway! :) I hope you all have a GREAT day and I'm sorry that the beginning wasn't the happiest of reports...I'll try not to bum y'all out on a regular basis! :) XOXO

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Finally! Yay for Narnia (one of my faves), but I'm excited to see what you think of Twilight. So, you still crushing on the same boy?! You're too funny. My likes and dislikes changed all the time, too. And one day your cowboy will come and you'll have a beautiful fancy stallion to ride away on! ;)

It's fun getting to know you Tara-face, especially with your last few posts. So maybe you should blog every day... hmmm, something to think about. Oh, and I always wear pajamas to work. Jealous much? *B

Jen Bowen said...

Hey Tarah for Isreal! I had the same problem (tendency?) of liking a guy for a tiny bit and then changing my mind, especially once things started happening. I had a hard time picturing a guy who I could stay interested in long term. I guess one way you'll know the right cowboy's come along is that you can keep being in like with him. Let me know what you think of Twilight. I've been debating reading those books.

Kiera said...

Someday your Cowboy will come and he will be well worth the wait!! You are a great girl and any guy would be extremely lucky and blessed to have you! You are just too awesome so Heavenly Father is still preparing a man for you!!!

Honeybee said...

Way too cute. Some day my cowboy will come. I like it! Well, hang in there. We need to hang out more often. I am thinking of donating plasma tomorrow morning if you want to go. Usually you show up and then schedule a time to come another day. It takes under an hour. Let me know what you think. Love you:)

Meredith said...

Ah my Bandaid, you are such a sweet soul. Your cowboy will find you one of these days and then you'll be a happy camper, you will know. Don't worry about marrying off all your friends, it's not a race! :) Smile knowing that you are wonderful and how many people's lives you've touched. Love ya babe!