Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Girls

Okay, first off, I wanna say, I LOVE YOU EMILY! haha oh man...for those who don't know, Emily is my roommate from last year who has survived my curse and is moving back in with me in the Fall. I'm so darn excited. I've talked to her on the phone a good 5 or 6 times this summer and I swear to you, every time, I laugh for the entire hour or so that we're talking. And not just little chuckles. We're talkin hardcore crying from your cheeks hurting, laughing. Good times. We're gonna have so much fun next year. We kept getting disconnected last night and one time, I had called her back and I had to belch really bad and she said "Hello" which was promptly followed by a fairly large burp and then, I kid you not, we laughed hysterically for like 5 minutes. Good times laughing about nothing. Em, I can't wait for all of our bunk bed adventures next year and you waking up to me falling off the top bunk every morning! haha.

Jen is coming to visit me this weekend too! I'm so excited. Jen is also another roommate who survived my curse, but she graduated in June so she's gone now *very sad* It makes me very excited for Friday and our slumber party! I miss my girls! Jen is another one of those girls who laughs with me for hours when we're together. The best part is, is we usually always do the same things...watch the office and/or David Archuleta videos, or just sit and talk about crazy things and laugh our heads off. You girls are so therapeutic! I love it! I think one of my favorite things about Jen is that, to the onlooker, she seems to be the type of person who is very quiet and shy, but really she's absolutely hilarious! She says the funniest things on a constant basis. Awww, I heart y'all! :) Last year, our other roommates were all engaged and so we constantly found ourselves together. We seriously had weekends where we maybe spent 5 minutes apart. One activity would end and I would go in my room and they would go in theirs and a few moments later, one of us was in the other's room saying, "ummm...guys...what are y'all doin?" The other would promptly respond with a laugh and then, "I don't know, but I was just about to come ask you the same thing!" lol...good times. Emily and I told our friend Adam, who is also moving back into Sparks, that he has to come over at least once a day and make sure that Emily and I are social with him and other people...I honestly think we could be completely content in our apartment together for quite a long time. I kind of feel bad for the two new roommates that we get. That is if people actually sign up. When i came back, it was still just the two of us in the apartment, which, I gotta say, would be awesome! In preparation for new roommates though, we created a list of things that might be useful for them to know while living with us. There are 39 so far. Some of which include, 'Expect us to try to pile everyone on one bed at least once a semester. Probably more like 2 or 3 times,' or 'Sundays are USUALLY Waffle days. Tara makes good waffles, Em doesn't make good waffles. Still, we eat them. We make them right when we get home from church, before we take a nap. The timing is very precise, we are usually starvin when we get home.' That will be especially true because next year we have 1 o'clock church. *bummed out* One of my favorite rules is, 'When we try to fulfill our need for competition, we will do things like see who can take the quickest shower. If you don't participate, you will forever be labeled as LP.' An 'LP' is our shortened version of Lame Pants. We also have names like AP and CP (angry pants and crazy pants). If we're having a PMS day or something, we make sure to let people know that we have our APs on and that's why we're being dumb. Usually people on our LP list have done something stupid that warrants being called lame until they redeem themselves. And here's the ultimate rule, 'Emily and Tara love to play wii with Dave...if he calls and invites us over, expect us to drop any and all prior plans that we had to go play with him.' It's sad but true. We have an addiction. I've never seen ANYONE get more into the Wii games than Dave. It's entirely too great.

On another note, we had FHE last night at the 1st counselors house, so we all had to drive out to American Fork...or maybe its Spanish Fork...I dunno...one of the forks. :) Anyway, the people in my car were AWESOME cuz I had been blasting my country music the last time I was in the car and when I turned the car on, everyone starting singing the lyrics in the loudest voices possible. So, we had no choice but to turn it up louder, roll down the windows and sing at the top of our lungs. Good times! After we got back from that, I went over to Marcus's and cut his hair. I really think he's asking for it...I've done it once before and it took me like 2 hours. haha. I did cut my time in half this time though and I THINK it looked better than it did the first time. Maybe not though. It could just be wishful thinking. :) Anyway, this post is insanely long so I'm gonna head out. Tootles!! XOXO

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Where's the rule about wearing NP (nerd pants)? Because I'm pretty sure there HAS to be at least one night a week where y'all dress up, in character, and watch a movie (like Galaxy Quest. HIGHLY recommended, by the way...)! OR read from books/comics out loud, also in character (Harry Potter would be a good one... think of all the outfits and the accents. Oh, the accents!) Good times, guaranteed.

We should have been roommates... *B

Meredith said...

Bandaid Bandaid Bandaid, I must say that I wish you were still in Tejas because truly you make me giggle outloud because as I read these I hear you saying them in my head. Wow, how I miss thee. Still waiting to hear from potential job offer so will let you know - I have on my NP, nervous pants! :) Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite. Paps is heading up to MT tomorrow so I'll be taking him to the airport in the morning, good times. Miss ya, love ya like 100 bags of super buttery microwave popcorn.