Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Brainstorming

So, I've been back to work for a little over a week now and they haven't had anything for us to do since I've gotten here. My first day back, my boss told me to find something to entertain myself. haha. I've played a lot of sudoku and watched Chuck which has been nice, but I'm ready for real work. Today one of my other bosses came up and said, "We've been brainstorming of things that you can do so you aren't totally bored..." This is what they came up with: They asked me to search the entire office for this binder that has been missing since June. They told me that I had to go search in everyone's personal offices, in all of their stuff and any other place, that I could think of, that it could possibly be. It was weird. I felt like a major snooper. Especially when they were in the office while I was searching. Talk about not cool. My coworkers have officially named me The Man of the office. haha. They were like, man...don't mess with Tara...she's who the bosses send to do all the dirty work. Siiick. At least they all had a sense of humor about it cuz I certainly didn't want to do it!

My computer is officially busted. Well...not the COMPUTER but Jeremy thinks that it is one of two things and he's guessing its the motherboard. Apparently, when Puden built it, he jacked up the motherboard to be able to sustain all his computer playing habits and so in order to replace it, I would have to rebuild one and have all of the same high tech stuff on it, otherwise it wont work. He said that it would be pretty darn expensive and that I may as well buy a new computer almost. So I've been thinking of what to do. I'm mostly nervous about all of the stuff that I have on there...my genealogy, pictures, journals, etc. This is the fourth time that I've had computer problems since I've been at BYU and I really dont want to lose everything again. I was thinking that if I really do need to buy a new computer, I almost want to spend the extra money to get an iMac. I don't really like Macs, but I hear that once you get used to them, they are great and you'll never want to go back to PCs. Not to mention that I've also heard that the problems you have with them are very minimal and hardly ever happen. Hence the basis of their appeal. :) I have kinda priced just the bottom line computer including software n stuff and it would come to about $1300 which is pretty spendy, but I've got a savings account for a reason right? And I've got dates most weekends that can pay for food and entertainment and dinner group during the week :) lol we'll see what it comes down to, but I really just would like all of this to be over. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to not have a computer. Luckily, I've been able to work on most of my RS stuff at work since they haven't given me anything to do, but I don't know how much longer this is going to last. Anyway, I'm gonna go look for something to do that is productive! I hope yall have a fun week! XOXO

1 comment:

Ashton Halladay said...

My unsolicited advice: get yourself an external hard drive (last I looked, they were about $100 for 160GB). Set it up as a backup drive for your important files, and you'll not have to worry about losing them again.

In my professional (though probably-biased) opinion, the extra $600+ you'd spend on a Mac wouldn't guarantee you'd have fewer problems than a stock HP or Dell. If you are willing to shell out that much, look into a Sony machine.