Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fireworks Go POP!

Howdy, howdy, howdy! I hope everyone had a splendid 4th of July! I know mine was definitely fun, but I'm still kinda paying for it, for sure. Thursday night, we kicked off our celebration with a nice little Phase 10 tournament. We've figured out that if you go to Little Caesars about 10 minutes before they close, they give you everything you ask for, for free. haha. It's freakin sweet. That may be because we know a guy that works there, but still. :) Anyway, so that was lots of fun. I didn't win, but I came close which was a big deal, considering that I was stuck on one of the phases for an eternity. Anyway, that took a while so i didn't make it into bed until well after 1 or so. The next morning, we all met up at 5 to walk over to University Pkwy for the Parade. That thing is incredibly huge so going early was a must. Most people actually just camp out so they can get a good spot, which probably would have been a good idea considering that none of us really got much sleep anyway, but it was fun nonetheless. :) We started another phase 10 tourney mostly because the parade didn't start til 9 and we were all pretty awake after walking for about 30 minutes. I made it through about 2 phases before I completely lost it. My brain just stopped working and when I was delt my new hand I laid it all out, face up (I had an entire run when i was trying for sets of 3 or something) and I loudly proclaimed, "hehe I'VE GOT THE RUNS!" lol wow...talk about good times. My friends have never seen me the way that I was that morning. I'm surprised they are still calling me their friend....I hope. :) Anyway, we left a little early so we could start cooking for our BBQ. We got some random people together from the ward and we made hamburgers, homemade potato salad, chips, drinks, all that jazz. It was YUM. I then proceeded to fall asleep on my friends floor until my friend Russell came and woke me up to come watch Vantage Point with him. It was pretty good...kinda frustrating though. Anyway, after that, my friends and I went to play some CRUD in the clubhouse, we went and got slurpees and then went and watched fireworks when it got dark. In all, it was a fun 4th but I'm definitely still POOPED.

I bought tickets for the midnight showing of Batman that's next week. I'm stoked. We have a group of 12 people going so far. When I told the lady I needed 12 tickets she looked at me with wide eyes and said, "are you sure?" hahaha good times. Anyway, my boss just brought in some salt water taffy so I think I'm gonna go jump on that. I hope yall have a GREAT week! XOXO

2 comments:

JA and co. said...

So I'm definitely coveting the fact that you get to see Batman opening night...you'll have to let me know how it is (not that there's ANY doubt in my mind that it will rock my socks off). And you're right...we need to go on a double sometime! I'll shoot you off an email this week so we can plan something. I hope you won in mini golf :). Lata'!

Meredith said...

Wow you lead such an exciting life. We actually had a pretty full day, not doing anything in particular, just we weren't home all day! :) That counts for something around here! We played volleyball in the morning, definitely woulda been more fun if you were here. And the fireworks going "POP" this year just wasn't as exciting without you! Happy saltwater taffy eating!