Friday, August 1, 2008

All Play and No Work

HOWDY! :) Happy August by the way! And you all know what that means....I get to go home and switch the page on my calendar! *does happy dance* So, I decided to write about a little game that my friend, Isaac, and I created while we have been kinda bored at work instead of my usual 'this is what I did today' routine. I actually, finally have stuff to do for about 3/4 of every day now at work, but our game makes it just a little more entertaining...sadly. :) To start off the story, there are three things you need to know:

1) My office has a gmail account on which I am signed on to all day, for obvious reasons. Isaac has his own gmail account that he is signed on to and there is a 'chat' feature where you can do like an instant message thing and chat with anyone else who is online that is in your address book. Naturally, we chat just about everyday whenever we get bored, or just randomly throughout the day. We always joke that we're really good friends, except for I don't know that we've actually sat and talked face to face in about a year since he moved into a new office. Walls ruin everything. haha. Anyway, a while back, I was entering these things called Praise Notes into a data sheet and we would analyse it and everything and I don't know if it was because they were older and had dust on them...or maybe it was the angle of the sun coming in through the window, or maybe a combo of both, but I sneezed like 10+ times everyday. Isaac decided that he would say, 'bless you' over the chat apparatus after every time I sneezed, to be polite.

2) There is another guy that we work with, Mike, and I kid you not, his wife and family are the only reason why I have to make sure the phones are covered from 8-5 every day. They call so many times a day that its getting hilarious and sad to say, a little ridiculous! :)

3) About a month or so ago, Isaac and I started keeping tally with how many times Mike's wife called and how many times his family called just as a 'gee whiz' factor. I promise, these will all tie together soon. :)

So here's the game: I'm not sure exactly how this whole thing started, but we decided to have a contest everyday. Isaac and my sneezes against how many times Mike's wife calls. We got creamed yesterday. She had like 5 or 6 and we only had 3 sneezes. Usually we can keep up with her pretty well but there was nothing in the air yesterday, apparently. However, today, I've already sneezed twice and she hasn't called at all. In all fairness, Mike just walked in like 10 minutes ago, but still. We're gonna cream this lady! :) Isaac is leaving this month to go to school in Richmond, VA so I'm hoping that I'm up to face the task alone once he's gone...that's gonna mean a lot more sneezing for me after he departs. *hopes she can do it*

I know, its sad that we play this game...but we were talking today about how when we sneeze at home, we have the urge to text each other to tell the other person. haha its sad, but it spices work up just a little bit. Not to mention that I'm easily amused, so it really shouldn't surprise anyone! :) The funny part is that we both get so excited when one of us sneezes...like we've accomplished some amazing feat that we should be proud of....ah, boredom. It messes with you. :) Anyway, my boss has been in a meeting all day for the last couple of days and they have been snacking in there and he felt guilty so he bought us bagels for breakfast to ease his pain...I'm going to go enjoy me a guilt bagel...they usually seem to taste a little better than regular bagels! :) This should be good...HEARTCHA! XOXO

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You are SERIOUSLY hilarious, no wonder you've never quit your job, how funny! You should get the girls in on that one, they've both had colds this week so there has been much sneezing going on around here - then you'd totally whomp that lady!!!! :) Have a fun weekend!

JA and co. said...

Dude, you're hilarious! Sneezing makes me laugh (and cry, because my eyes water). Good times, good times. Oh, and the other day I was crossing 9th when a car almost didn't stop and I thought, "Hey! I'm hot...I have the right of way!" (Not quite the same as being cold, but whatever.