Monday, August 25, 2008

Love of my Life

Don't worry...I didn't start dating someone and not tell everyone, or anything...the 'love of my life' is not a dude, although, someday, I hope it will be. :) So what is it, you ask? Most might think it could be something such as ice cream, Disney movies or breakfast food, however, it isn't any of those. Sorry to disappoint. I have recently discovered just how much of a sucker I am for Sydney (my niece). I've always known that I had a huge soft spot for her, but yesterday opened my eyes to new heights of love! hahah mushy, I know, but whatever...I don't even care. If Syd was your niece, you'd understand! :) Anyway, I called Ben and Meredith yesterday to chat it up like usual and I hear Syd in the background and she starts talking to me, right? Nothing out of the ordinary. We always have cute little conversations about her new 'big girl shower' or how she does her dances that I taught her everyday and still remembers them. (love that by the way!) Anyway, I think we were talking about Nursery and all of a sudden she goes, "Auntie, do you love me?" I quickly responded with, 'of course I do! I love you the mostest!" To which, she replied, 'I miss you, Auntie...you come home for Christmas! I want to play with you in the snow. And Santa will come and we'll open presents!" *melts* I asked Meredith if she was feeding her these lines...telling her to tell me that she misses me. I didn't think Meredith would be that mean to me, but I wouldn't put it past Ben. Everyone knows just how much it breaks my heart every time she says stuff like that to me and I know I can't come see her. Ben uses it as tactics to get me to come home more often, I think. :) Although, in all fairness to him, I did go home last President's Day weekend. I couldn't resist her and her cute little voice when she says, "I love you, Auntie!" Ugh...if she said it to you, you'd be a basket case too. I promise! :) So, I guess it works! haha. Meredith told me that ever since about a couple of weeks ago when she first asked me why I didn't come over to play more often and I told her I was coming to see her at Christmas time, she's been asking if its Christmas yet or how much longer there is until Christmas comes. So cute. I just love that girl! Having my little appendage whenever I go home, makes it that much more fun. Its those times when I'm at home with my family with the little one all lovin up on me that I know that there is at least one place where I'll always belong and be loved. No matter what happens or where I go, I'll always have my family. I'm so grateful for them and all the good times (and bad) that we've had together. I'm so glad we get to be together forever. I can't wait! Speaking of cant wait...I can't wait until Mallory (my other niece) starts talking and we can be all buddy buddy like me n Syd. Things with Malla should be fun since she's my xerox twin. :) Gotta love that. Anyway, here's to you Syd! You make my life a lot more brighter! Its weird trying to remember life without her. Life was great, don't get me wrong. It was just different. Its funny to go back and think of what Meredith and I did all day whenever I'd go over there. That part hasn't changed much...but now we're surrounded by the two cutest girls ever and its so wonderful! Thanks for having such great kiddos, Meredith! You rock my socks. Its quite handy that my best friend has great kids...its like I cant go wrong whenever I'm over there! :) Love y'all bad...but for now, I should probably get back to work. Heartcha! XOXO

4 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Congratulations! You've won the SPE (Sweetest Post Ever) award!!! What are you going to do now? Go to Disneyland??? *B

Jen Bowen said...

Yea for Syd! I miss hearing all the stories at work and when we were roomies so I'm glad you post some of them. She's hilarious! Also, feel free to call me anytime you have new ones cause I love them!

Adrienne said...

Yah no one can compete with the power of Auntie! Not even Xhaxhi and Halla, and we live here! I'm just glad that there is someone with enough energy to keep up with Syd so I can be my lazy self on the couch. Can't wait till Christmas either so we can see how many of us it takes to dress Mallory :) Love yah!

Meredith said...

Aaawww, I love Sydney posts, it's like she's famous! I was reading this to her and it got a little longish and she said "MOM, can I just go now?" The attention span of a 3 yr old just isn't much I guess, even when it's all about her! But then I read the end part where you said you love her and she said "Ya, Auntie loves me especially in my dance clothes! (she's wearing her leotard and skirt, it's her favorite, I think because it's yours.) Anyway, she's your biggest fan for sure, thanks for loving my kids so much, they return the favor! :) Syd said she loves you Auntie!