Thursday, August 7, 2008

Loving being a girl

So, lately, a lot of things have come up in my conversations with friends about the pros of being a girl. Its way nice for those to be brought up, as silly as most of them are. Especially during times when its just not so fun to have two X chromosomes. My friends and I started making a list of things we enjoy about being a girl. This list includes things like, getting to cuddle up real close to other girls for any occasion...a hard night, a sad movie, or in the case of my old roommate, spooning with me to wake me up on April Fools day. *laughs* Weird times...lol. But I cant help but love them. Anyway, we also talked about how we get to wear purple without being questioned AND we get to dress up and get all pretty for special occasions. As much as most of us claim that we would hate having to dress up all the time, every once in a while is definitely acceptable. And no matter how much I tell you I hate dressing up, I'm really lying. Inside, I'm loving every minute of it. :) The newest addition to my 'I love being a girl' list is that we get to have things like pedicures and facials. I've never had a facial until this morning and it was probably, just about the most relaxing thing I've ever done. My friend, Erin, and I went to go get our eyebrows waxed last weekend (I can't pluck them evenly to save my life) and they gave us this buy one, get one free buddy pass that we could use on anything, so we decided to go for facials. The best part was that, while the enzyme mask was drying on my face, she came up next to me and was like, 'okay, while we're waiting for it to dry, I'm going to massage your arms. Sound good?' I was so incredibly relaxed already, that it came out as an, 'okaaaaaaaay.' hahahaha it was great. Although, now my bottom half feels neglected. Maybe we should get pedicures soon. :) Anyway, now that it's all over, I keep touching my face and neck cuz they're so smooth. I don't know how I lived before I experienced this joy. I've decided that I hope, whoever I marry is awesome enough to randomly surprise me with gift certificates to a spa every once in a while. Just as an "I love you, so here" kinda thing. He would definitely get awesome husband points. Its one of those things that I know I don't need, so I don't think I would go and do for myself (unless I had a coupon *smiles*).

Anyway, so there you have it. I love being a girl. There are definitely negatives to the whole deal, but its days like these when I really appreciate the positives! :) I'm heading over to Erin's mom's house tonight for the So You Think You Can Dance finale. I really hope Twitch wins. He's definitely my favorite. We bought tickets to go to the concert in September and I can't wait. I think we're going to make t-shirts, like the nerds that we are and it will be awesome! :) I'm so glad I've had Erin to play with this summer. It has definitely been so much fun. Anyway, I brought some left over potato salad as part of my lunch today and its calling my name. I hope y'all all have a great rest of your week! XOXO

3 comments:

apb said...

I can wear purple whenever I want and nobody asks me questions. Maybe it's like a super-power I have. Oh and since you mentioned "dance" in your post, I thought I would recommend Step Up 2 The Streets if you haven't already seen it (my mom was the one who wanted to watch it, but that phased out and soon it was just three men watching it instead--Ha! Look at me trying to defend myself...). Anyway, you're about the only person I think I could recommend it to because, let's face it, it's not that good. At all. But the dance stuff was cool, and the lead chiquita looks/looked a lot like you. Trippy, huh?!? Hey maybe they even based the movie off of your secret life.

Tara said...

I have seen it actually...and it seems as if my secret is blown. Call it even? :)
XOXO

Honeybee said...

I like the idea of an, "I love you, so here." gift. I totally need those too! Make sure that my future husband knows about those and I will do the same. :)