Monday, August 11, 2008

Almost There

Howdy, howdy, howdy! So, this weekend was kinda crazy...Friday night, I went over to Mellissa's for a little dinner thing she put on for Isaac since he's moving this week. We had Chinese food and watched the Olympics as I repeatedly kept banging my elbow and head on her walls and ceilings. She lives on the top floor of her house and so the ceilings are all sloped to match the roof and well...I forgot most of the time. haha. good times. I anxiously spent most of my Saturday 'packing' and moving things over into my new apartment. My idea of packing is throwing things out that I could bear to part with and carrying everything else over into number 7. I left only the necessities. I don't like staying in number 9 any longer than necessary though because it doesn't feel like home anymore. Not to mention that it is crazy messy in there still and I'm so excited to make the move into 7 where it'll be clean all the time. Well, until my new roommates move in in a couple of weeks. Still though...spotless clean apartment for a couple weeks...its like heaven! :) Clutter and mess makes me anxious. I dunno how I did it when I was a kid. haha. Other than that, I had to take my car into the dealership to get it checked up, I had a bridal shower on Saturday morning/afternoon. Can't beat Provo life, right? :)

Other than finishing up moving and doing final cleaning checks this week, I have three wedding receptions on Saturday so we'll see if I make it to all of them. They are kind of all over the place though so I'm not sure how well it'll work. My check book has taken some serious hits this last week, so I dunno if I'll be able to afford going to all three. Hopefully though!

Its definitely been fun to watch the Olympics, for sure! I was totally bummed about the USA gymnastics team yesterday though. Those girls could not stay in bounds on the floor. I think everything is just smaller in China. :) Did you see those girls? They're supposed to be at least 16 and they all looked about 10. Crazy, crazy, crazy! I felt kinda bad cuz the TV was on in the clubhouse during choir practice so I was really just watching it while I was singing and not really paying attention to what I should've been doing. Occasionally, if something really good or really bad happened, I would shout in the middle of the song. haha. oops! I miss the good ol gymnastics days with Keri Strug, Shannon Miller and the Dominiques! Wow...that seems like forever ago. Good times for sure though.

I'm kinda bummed because three people that I work with are leaving this week. Numero uno: Isaac is going to Richmond to start Grad School on Wednesday. This bums me out because he's the one that I play all of those games with and chat with on gmail all day. I dunno what I'm gonna do when he's gone. I just might die of boredom. Numero dos: Julie is leaving because she got a job as a professor at BYU. Julie usually comes and sits with me in the secretary corner at least three times a week for about an hour, give or take. We talk about life and all of it's twists and turns. It'll be sad when she's gone. Numero tres: Mike, who also got a job at BYU. With him gone, that means his wife wont call anymore. I may get 3 calls a day now. If that. No more games. He also always tries to set me up with members of his extended family. I don't necessarily like it, but it always makes for some kind of sweet story. His family is crazy. haha. Not to mention that he likes the poems that J Tal and I used to write with the magnets they gave us one Christmas. He was always so excited when we wrote a new one...it made me feel famous or something. Here's a little taste of one....*remember, these are not supposed to make sense*

Cool Poem #3 (The one beneath the bear)

Pray after heart treatment
Laugh hard then accept surrender
Ask your body to feel better
Dream happy or never remember
Beneath a bear it is dark
Make believe he will grow
Endure joy between courage cycles
Which gratitude time wishes did flow

So there you have it...our poetic stylings. I remember working with Jenn two summers ago. We had nothing to do like I do now, but having nothing to do with someone else is always much more fun! :) As you can tell, we found ways to stay entertained. haha. Anyway, I heard that Karate Kid is now on Hulu.com so I'm gonna go get back to my childhood roots and re experience the brilliance of early 90's movies. I hope y'all have a great week! XOXO

3 comments:

Kiera said...

I watched the gymnastics too. I couldn't believe they kept stepping out of bounds too. Did you see the uneven bars? One girl fell during her routine and another bounced onto her back from her landing.

Adrienne said...

Hey little bandaid. Sorry all your pals are leaving. I can relate and let you know that you'll meet lots more friends! I felt that way when I first switched jobs and now I've got some pretty good friends here. Hope things are going well. We miss you and love you!

Adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.