Friday, August 15, 2008

Celebrate good times, come on!

Okay, this is going to be incredibly short, but I just had to celebrate somehow and they don't like it when I shout at work :) My boss asked me, late Tuesday afternoon, if I would transcribe this manual for this prominent Dr. in Psychology. It was one of those things that he's wanted to do for a while but never gets around to it because, lets face it, when you're a prominent author in the Psychology world, you don't have much time for lame projects. :) Anyway, Paul (my boss) met him at this conference they went to in DC a couple of weeks ago and randomly volunteered me for the job. lol. So yeah, it was kinda cool though because I got to talk to Dr. Merrell on the phone. *laughs* I'm so lame. I was pretty excited though. Next step...a phone conversation with Zachary Levi! Hey, it can happen. hahaha. Anyway, so I started it on Wednesday morning and I just finished it. Almost 21 hours of typing. My fingers hurt but I can't really feel them since I'm so happy that I'm done! WAHOOO. *jumps for joy* Here's the final count: 62 pages in word and a 30, 803 word count. Wooo. Yeah. That was a beast. I told my boss that I would be able to have it done by Friday and he didn't believe me. He came up to me today and was like, so do you REALLY think you'll be able to get it done today? And I looked at him and smiled and turned the page and what do you know...all I had left were the references! It was sucha sweet moment. hahaha. Booyah! Typing 92ish words per minute pays off, suckers! :) Anyway, I'm gonna turn on my latest music crushes and sing for a while...they don't mind when I do that! :) *dances off into the horizon*

No comments: