Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Love/Hate Relationship

Erin is staying with me for the next few days because BYU Housing is retarded and they make you move out much earlier than you're allowed to move in to your new apartment, so unless you stay in the same apartment complex, you're pretty much homeless for around a week, give or take, depending on the complex. I'm very glad that I'm not in a room by myself anymore. I've had enough of that, all summer long. I've always loved sharing a room though. Ask Meredith...I would have much rather slept in her room, than mine, growing up. Which, for a couple years, I did! :) Anyway, as I was waiting up for Erin to get to my apartment, I was looking for something to do. Jen texted me and asked if I could bring the 3rd Twilight book to work so she could start reading it, so I pulled it off my shelf to make sure I didn't forget it. Naturally, I just started reading it to pass the time. I dont know if that's why I had such an incredible dream last night, or what, but let me tell you...waking up this morning was not fun. haha. Well, it was great until I realized that it was only a dream. Having Edward dreams are just so good. Well, it wasn't really an Edward dream, but it definitely involved someone who behaved as cutely as the said vampire and it made me happy. Sometimes I wonder which is better...to dream something so good and then wake up only to realize that it wasn't real, or to have just normal dreams that you don't really care about. haha. Good dreams are really therapeutic for me though, so I guess I'll take it even though real life doesn't seem as glorious as it did during the wee hours of the morning today. :)

I went over to Steve's for our dinner group last night and he's still in the process of moving in and his kitchen was a complete mess...food & pots and pans everywhere! Naturally, I couldn't resist the opportunity to embrace one of my weirdest hobbies... I asked him if he needed help moving or unpacking so as not to sound too crazy and desperate, but he knows me well enough to know exactly what I was getting at. He replied with, "yes, you can organize my food into those cupboards...and believe me, if it weren't against the honor code, you could go upstairs and unpack the rest of my stuff for me too!" hahaha. I'm glad I have friends who take advantage of my weirdness instead of shun me for it. :) I'm officially wacko, but maybe it's a just a phase...I should embrace it while I still have it...right?

In more exciting news, I decided that after I graduate, I wanted to treat myself to a trip to Ireland. I've always wanted to go and I can't remember the last time I actually went on a vacation. I mean, I go home twice a year, but that's not the same thing as vacation ya know? And the short trips that I've taken to Vegas and Colorado and Seattle have been only a couple of days to where I don't really see it as VACATION...not to mention that the last few trips I've taken have been for weddings, which yeah...definitely doesn't qualify for vacation status. lol. So I figure, its about time I do something that I really wanna do right? Anyway, I floated the idea past my mom because I obviously don't want to face Ireland alone. Not that facing it with my mom would be much better...I think she's worse in new areas than I am, but I would feel better being there with someone. Not to mention that it would be much more fun. Anyway, I asked her what she thought about it and she seems to be on board to come with me. I was looking at tourist groups and stuff earlier today and it looks like with a flight, 7 nights in a hotel (and one in a cool castle...yeah. awesome!) and the rest of the tourist group package (food, passes to different places, etc) that it would be around $1,200 for each of us. I figure that's great since I didn't have to end up buying a new computer. That's about what it would've been, so that made me happy that it pretty much equalled out. I'm still not completely sure if we're going to go, but I think it would be SOOOOOO much fun and it makes me happy. :) I might as well have one last adventure before I have to face the real world and be quasi-responsible! *giggles* So, those are the new additions to my life lately. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but hopefully, soon, that will not be the case! XOXO

No comments: