Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend of Melly

Heya! So, its been a crazy last few days, so we'll start from the beginning...

Friday: Since I had to be completely checked out of #9 by Saturday morning, I had to start cleaning as soon as I got home from work. Luckily, Mellissa offered to come over to help me move things over and to clean. I didn't realize how much stuff I had until it was all piled in my room and in the front room of my new apartment. Crazy...who'da thunk that after living in a place for 4 years, you'd accumulate so much stuff. When I came out here, everything fit in my moms 4-runner with my dad and I seated, comfortably. I don't want to know how many it would take now...anyway, Melly was great. She came over and hefted boxes and cleaned with me. She even brought over some food to make for dinner. Its a good thing too...I dunno if I woulda had time to make something. That's when good ol' Little Caesar's comes in handy :) I'll take Chinese food any day for sure! :) Anyway, we ended up getting done around 12:15 or so that morning...in all fairness, we did stop and get ice cream around 9, but still...I don't want to know how much longer I woulda been up if she didn't come over and help. Thanks girl! I owe you big time! :)

Saturday: I woke up and finished some last minute packing and moving the rest of my essentials over into 7 and then waited around for the people to come and check me out. After that happened, I switched out my keys and as I was walking in to my new apartment, I noticed that there were people in there! My new roommates moved in early! They seem really nice and I'm getting really excited for this year. We've gotten along really well so far. One of my favorite things was that, as I was pulling out my Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo, one of my roommates, Brittany, says...'no way!' and busts out an original Nintendo with the duck hunt gun! haha. It was a tender moment. lol. They're really awesome girls for sure though. Anyway, after a lot of moving in and stuff, Melly and I went to a couple of wedding receptions. The first one was supposed to go from 3-8. I didn't think that it would actually last that long, but we took a shot. However, when we got there, the bride and groom had already left. haha. Not that I can blame them, but still....lol. Anyway, so Melly and I had to stop at Albertson's and get a card for the other reception we were going to and we spotted the donut section on our way in...it was hard to resist, so we didn't...We gave right in! :) After that, we decided we should have real food, so we hit up Wendy's and then drove off to Camille's reception. It was so much fun to see her. She looked so happy! Good times, good times. I also ran into a couple of friends from Freshman year there too because they were in her ward last year, so that was fun! After that was over, we went home and I decided to call Adam to see how Jake and Becca's (friends from our ward here in Provo) reception was. We talked for a while, and I dunno why...but apparently, I thought it necessary to try climbing up to the top bunk while I was talking on the phone. Not smart, I know. I got up there just fine, but when I decided I'd had enough fun being up high, I tried getting off without the use of one of my hands. Yeah, I definitely couldn't find the ladder with my feet, so I just kept sliding...and sliding. hahaha. It was kinda funny. Quite terrifying until I finally just found the floor, but still. This should be a funny year. I've never slept on a bunk bed without falling off before. I don't move around nearly as much as I used to when I sleep though, so maybe I'll be okay. We'll see how it goes when I stop freaking out about it and actually sleep normally. haha.

Sunday: We had church earlier because we were combined with a different ward and then I high tailed it off to West Jordan to see the Breinholt's. Kami's birthday was last week, so I wanted to see her and they were so nice to let me keep some extra stuff that I couldn't fit in my apartment at their house. The best part was, that one of those things was my super huge TV and Kami and I decided to try and carry it downstairs to put in the storage room...lets just say we shoulda video taped it. Her parents just kept listening to us and laughing their heads off because it was so funny, apparently. Then we went up to SLC for their monthly family FHE, so that was fun. The day ended with the traditional Disney Night, so in all, it was an awesome weekend. Tiring, but awesome. I hope everyone else had just as good a time as I did! XOXO

No comments: