Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dancing by the Light of the Moon

I've decided that I am determined to have the best last year of college that I can. Not only am I taking classes like bowling and Irish Dance, but I have enrolled at a dance studio in Springville that offers Adult classes. They have hip hop, modern and tap and all that jazz but I'm most excited about the jazz/contemporary class. I don't think I'll go to the other ones, but the jazz is once a week for an hour on Wednesday nights. Not too demanding, time wise, and 5 bucks a class. You cant beat that. Last night was my first class and it was soooo much fun. I had forgotten how much fun I have when I dance (especially when I don't have to worry about how I'm being graded for it). I haven't been in a studio setting since my Sophomore year of high school. Ever since then, I've been involved in Drill Team or dance classes at the Y, so it definitely brought back a lot of fun memories for me. It's no Hurst Dance Company, but still definitely fun! :) Its hard to tell just how much I'll learn from these classes. We just started on the dance and usually the beginning is kinda slower and involves easier movements, but I'm almost glad that its all very easy for me. This way, I can focus on really putting all of my energy into the movements and doing them full out every time instead of having to focus so much on the new elements that I'm not sure about yet. Don't get me wrong...I really hope that I learn new things, which I'm sure I will...its just really nice to let go and dance my heart out and really enjoy it ya know? Its been a while! :) I think I've been pushing myself so hard to learn more advanced things that I've forgotten how much fun it can be to just let loose! *teethy grin*

Beth showed me this website (goodreads.com) where you can rate books you've read and add books you want to read to a list. You can look at how other people rated the books you want to read and see what other people are reading for good suggestions...I'm completely addicted. Its sad though...in just the last day(ish), I've already got like 35+ books on my 'to read' list...I didn't realize how far behind I was. But of course, I cant help but love the website...it helps me organize all the books I want to read into a list :) So yeah, I like it...go figure :)

I've decided I'm going to start making my "favorites of the week" lists. Mostly because I'm still bored at work and I need blogging to take more time than it does :)
  • Song crushes: Crush by David Archuleta, Our Song by Taylor Swift and If My Heart Had Wings by Faith Hill.
  • Biggest work project: Faxing some papers two days ago (haha sad but true)
  • Website: goodreads.com (obviously)
  • TV excitement: Watching Johnathan Horton on the high bar....amazing!
  • Memory: Seeing Michael after he had his jaw surgery...he looks so different!
  • Funny moment: peeking over my bed to see if Erin was done praying yet and she was peeking under my bed to see if I was done at the same time and we both screamed. hahaha good times girl, good times.
  • Looking forward to: this year! Getting to know my new roommates this week has been great. They are the greatest girls and we already have so much fun together. It feels like we've been friends for years!
  • Dessert of choice: hot brownie with vanilla marble/fudge ice cream...yum! (I've definitely ate some every day this week...hahaha)

So there you have it...nothing too exciting, but its been a good week despite having absolutely nothing to do at work! :) I hope y'all have a great Thursday! XOXO

3 comments:

Kiera said...

Audrey and I were looking at your blog and she pointed to you and asked "Mommy whose that?
me:Bandaid
Audrey: what?
me: its Bandaid.
Audrey: no Mommy whose that? (pointing to your pic again)
Me: Tara
Audrey: Oh, its Tara.

I think calling you Bandaid had her really confused! Lol!

Tara said...

hahah how funny! Gotta love little Audrey! XOXO

Meredith said...

Wow your blogs are long, I forget what it's like to have time to do such things! I'm so jealous, Ireland sounds fun. But Ben & I got to go to Hawaii so I guess that was our fun time, wouldn't trade that for the world. Hope y'all will have fun - don't leave mom in charge though, you'll end up in Germany or something with her sense of direction! :)