Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tiring but eventful

I can't believe its already Thursday! This week has been absolutely crazy. And on top of that, I've been extra clumsy this week too. I think its because I have to use so much coordination during Irish twice a week and it just fills my coordination quota so when I'm not dancing, I just fall or trip over everything. Oh and dropping stuff too! I'm getting really good at that. :) Its quite funny. Monday was a pretty normal day with the added bike ride that we went on again. This time, I borrowed Steve's bike which made it a little easier. However, Steve is like 6'4" or something so it was a little too big for me, but I'd take too big of a bike over too small of a bike any day. I don't know that I'll ever be as good of a bike rider as I was back in the day, but someday, when we get back from our 10 mile ride, I wont be heaving for breath or walking funny. Its now number 75 (i think) on my list of things to do before I die. The list is growing...I need to start doing cool stuff. :) Other than that, we had FHE on Monday as usual. Our FHE group is so fun, so that's nice. We're constantly laughing our heads off...very therapeutic! :)

Tuesday was GREAT. Erin and I went to the So you think you can dance concert and it was amazing. Its always kinda hard for me to watch dance performances. I miss it so much that it always makes me yearn haha, but I'm so glad that I went. It was great to see Twitch and all of my other favorite dancers on stage. Erin and I were secretly hoping that Neil (from last season) would pop out from behind the stage, but that never happened. Too bad huh? Twitch and Joshua did their Russian dance to that Nutcracker song which was definitely one of my favorites. It makes me excited for Christmas to come along. I try to go see the Nutcracker ballet every year and its one of my favorite parts of Christmas! Anyone wanna come with me this year? haha Speaking of Christmas time...I cant wait! :) They always have the Christmas Around the World program that is put on by the International Folk Dance team and they always do some Irish numbers, so I try to go to that every year too. AND this year, a bunch of us are going to the John Schmidt concert. It's gonna be good. I figure, its my last Christmas in Provo, so I'd better make it good right? Yayuh!

Yesterday was insane for sure. After I got home from class and work, Irene and I had to go shopping for our Relief Society Opening social that was later that night. Once we got everything we needed (and a very large cup of frozen yogurt from Sams) *melts* I came home and made a couple things of Tres Leches and some queso for the social and then, it was PARTY TIME. It was actually a lot of fun. We had some good Mexican food and we played fun games and it was all around pretty chill. It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves so that's nice :) I hope that isn't me just hoping that it wasn't a complete flop! haha Once I got home, I had to write this paper for one of my classes...it was kinda weird actually. I haven't had to really do a whole lot of homework except for reading in any of my classes yet, so it was actually kinda fun to sit down and write the paper. Wow...I never thought I would've ever heard myself say that....what is happening to me? :)

Today is like the day from Heaven. After I get off work in about 50 minutes, I'm going home to take a quick nap, then Em and I are going to the temple, and then Smallville and the office are both on tonight and then we hit up our yoga class. Talk about yay! I love yoga with Andrea. Its so relaxing. I haven't been sleeping well for the last month or so except for on Thursday nights because I'm so relaxed already. Its just soooo awesome.

We have cleaning checks this weekend and the Relief Society General broadcast on Saturday! I'm so excited that we got tickets to go. I cant wait! I LOVE conference weekend. We usually have an apartment over for our traditional 'conference breakfast' which is always accompanied by the conference pancake. hahah that started last year during fall semester. I think I was flipping pancakes and somehow, one of them ended up on the floor. Instead of picking it up and throwing it away, we named it THE conference pancake and it stayed there until conference was over the next day. Kinda gross, I know, but we decided to throw one down last time too. Once it starts, it cant be stopped. Gotta love retarded traditions right? Anyway, I'm gonna maybe try some sudoku to pass the time. I haven't had to do that for a while...this should be fun! Have a GREAT one! XOXO

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I swear you have the most random and most hilarious posts! My laugh-out-loud moment this time is about the Conference pancake, I don't think I heard about that one! Y'all are seriously so funny. I want to go to the nutcracker, I mean you were asking who wanted to go. Not that I would fly up there just for that but you know, it sounds fun in my head! :)

Emily said...

So check to number 75 on your list - what's next... besides guitar... let's cross some of these off. By the way, you are a trooper on the bike rides!!!!
P.s. Can you imagine what kate would do with the conference pancake? oh man - she would freak out... it might be funny... and scary... heartcha

Honeybee said...

I would love to go with you to the nutcracker this Christmas season. I have actually never seen the whole thing. Love you bad! :)