Monday, September 22, 2008

A bike ride from the early 90s

Holler! hahaha...wow, I was definitely not meant to be ghetto. But, its fun trying right? This weekend was...different. :) Friday night we went and played night games at the park which was way fun as usual. I know I mentioned us playing, but it needs more attention than what it got: I only "won" once and I use that term loosely. It just goes to show that you don't have to win to have a good time, right? Although, Ian and I had quite the little 'get to know you' experience behind a tree...I wont tell the story so as to shield him from embarrassment but it was definitely funny. haha. The best thing was, was that after that happened, I found that any time I decided to hide behind a tree that round, there was a different guy that decided to hide behind it with me...kinda pathetic guys, kinda pathetic! lol. Although, in all fairness to them, I don't think anyone really actually understood what happened except for me and Ian, so ya know. Good memories, I guess. *shakes it off* Anyway, afterwards we came back to the apartment and some people watched Officeodes with us and then we called it a night. Can't go wrong there!

We had our "roommate" date on Saturday afternoon, which was way fun. Its tradition to always go to the World of Dance concert as roommates. I'm not really sure how that came about, but I'm glad it did! It's definitely a fun tradition. Kinda sad that it was my last one...*sighs* I always love going to all the dance things though. It does kinda bum me out afterward a little. Performing is something that I completely love doing, especially in a team setting and it's been so long! Afterward, we went on a bike ride which was a funny experience. My friend's bike that I borrowed was one of those really old ones that you rode when you were riding your bike to middle school. Not kidding, it was definitely small and about 80 pounds heavier than what Emily and Brittany had. haha definitely funny. Rachel did warn me though...when she told me I could borrow it, she declared that it was 'ghetto-tastic.' Naturally, I was kinda excited about that, but then I realized that she really wasn't kidding. The handle bars were covered in duct tape and only two of the six gears worked on one side and one of the three on the other. At least the brakes worked. :) I was lucky there. I felt kinda bad cuz I kept falling behind...those sorts of bikes aren't quite ideal for a 10 mile ride. :) What's the silver lining do you ask? Well...not only did my back and legs get a huge work out, I looked pretty sweet riding around on a black and purple creation from the early 90s. I almost thought that maybe a banana seat bike would've been better, but I'm sure my butt would be in more pain if that's what I rode. I think it's about time for another list of favorites today, so here it goes:

Website: pandora.com It gets me through work. For those who may not know, you can type in an artist that you like and it plays songs from people who are similar to that artist. It's great. I have three stations depending on my mood: Carrie Underwood for when I'm feelin a little bit country, Cartel for my less than hardcore days, and Michael Buble for my chill moods. Today is a Buble day. haha I love how that sounds! I'm lovin it though. However, the songs they play are just so cute and awesome/old fashioned that it makes me want to learn to ballroom dance. lol I don't think I'll ever have the proper coordination for that sort of thing! :) Not to mention that it makes me feel all romantic n junk...it's totally worth it.

Moment: The premiere of smallville came out on Thursday. It actually kinda weirded me out...I don't know if I'll like this season as much as the others. It's kind of been going down hill since around season 5 or so, but I've been an avid fan for the last 7 years...I can't just stop watching now. Plus, Clark has to get his tights soon and more importantly, he's got to learn how to fly. That will be a great day in the Smallville world.

Looking forward to: The premieres of the Office (this Thursday) and Chuck (next Monday). I can't wait.

Song Crush: My Everything by Michael Buble

Latest squeeze: Milk. I'm not even kidding. Emily keeps staring at me in amazement...in the last week and a half, I've gone through about 1 1/2 gallons of milk just on my own. She thinks I'm crazy...I kinda do too, but I just can't get enough of it lately. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining!

Anyway, I'm gonna call it a day. I hope y'all have a great Monday! XOXO

3 comments:

Isaac said...

Note to Tara - you can watch the premier of Chuck a week early (aka today) on Hulu.com. So you know.

JA and co. said...

Yay for milk! Don't feel bad...Jason and I each drink one gallon of milk a week (kind of expensive, but totally worth it!).

Meredith said...

You're such a nice friend, the bike experience is so funny! And I can totally believe the milk thing, cuz well you know I am the same! And really, add a few oreos to the mix and I'm a goner!