Monday, September 15, 2008

Out with the old and on with the new

We had funeral services for Cumby on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony. We tried to have a viking funeral, but the darn thing wouldn't catch on fire even though we drenched it in hair spray, so we ended up flushing him. Adam thought that maybe he was just faking it, like Nemo, to get back to the sea. In which case, its a good thing we flushed him. :) Here are some pictures from the most unfortunate of occasions:


We tried taking pictures of us being sad, but Emily kept making me laugh, so they didn't really come out real good. We wrote his eulogy that I read as he was *coughs* burning. It went a little something like this...
Two long years
have come and gone
Without you,
how can we possibly move on?
You fought through the hard times,
both freezing and freezing-er.
You were there for the good times
always bringing us together.
You side stepped the flip-flops, the flood and the fire
and through it all
you didn't even perspire.
We will miss your heart,
your face and your soul.
Enjoy fish heaven,
I hope it's in a bowl.
Yeah, awesome right? After the funeral, Emily and Brittney got all sneaky on me and they brought out a new beta fish for me. They are so nice and thoughtful. As I was thinking of what to name him, they suggested either Bruce Wayne or Jack Napier. Napier is the Joker's real name in Tim Burton's version of batman. Needless to say, I went with Jack. I don't know if its because of my seriously unexplainable fixation with the Joker or the fact that Heath Ledger plays him in the new movie and well...he's hott. haha. Not with all the make-up, mind you. Jack has a streak of red down his fins so it makes me think of the Joker anyway. We're going to have a fun relationship. Just the other day, Emily was being silly about a certain matter we were talking about, and I was feeding Jack and so I said, "Jack...ask Emily, 'why so serious?'" *said in the Joker's voice* She freaked out and it was great. Love you girl! Here's to you! haha. She's seriously been so great...especially these last few days. Things keep coming up and some days I'm an emotional wreck. I feel bad...I'm not as fun as I was at the end of last semester. I hope she's not rethinking her decision to live with me this year! hahah...I'm shaking out of it though, so I hope my lack of fun wont last much longer. Anyway, she's downstairs watching Smallville so I'm gonna go watch it with her. Who wouldn't you know? I'm a sucker for Superman...especially in the form of Tom Welling. With that said, peace out! :)
P.S. I'm starting to read Midnight Sun which is the first Twilight book but from Edwards point of view. I'm falling in love with him all over again. Its great. Read it. You'll love it. (although, be warned, its not finished, so it stops right before the meadow scene....) :)

4 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Hey! Sorry we missed Cumby's funeral. We had a little bit too much going on with family and stuff for my grandpa. We'll miss him. He was a tough little guy with an awesome name. Where'd you find Midnight Sun? I really want to read it too. Let me know when you're up for DQ.

Meredith said...

Glad the funeral is over and your spirits are up - hope you and Jack will be just as happy as you were with Cumby! :) I hope you are having a better day today, you know how I hate for you to be sad; cheer up love! I would read that book but I haven't read any other the others - I know, LOSER! And tell Jen that I'm always up for DQ even if you're not! :)

Jen said...

LOVE the eulogy. I didn't even get to say goodbye to cumby! *sniff*

JA and co. said...

I almost forgot about the Viking funeral freshman year...that was sweet!!! In the picture I have all you can see is a big flame floating across the water. Good times, good times :). I'm sorry that your fish died, but that's awesome you got a new one! And a definitely approve of the name...