Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Falling for It *shakes her head*

I feel like I should give everyone updates on the prank war...more happened after I wrote the blog. So, Sunday, you know how I said that Adam and Marcus brought over some mac n cheese and PB&J sandwiches for us as a temporary meal to get their chairs back until they had time to make us a real dinner? HA...well, what I failed to mention was that they dumped like 12000 pounds of salt, ranch and onion powder in the mac n cheese and loads of pepper in the sandwiches. As Emily and I were in the kitchen warming up our mac n cheese to eat during the devotional, she tasted a bite to see how hot it was and she looked at me with wide eyes and mouth open and we start laughing right...we weren't sure if they did it on purpose or if they were just really bad cooks. They're guys...you never know. And we sure didn't want to hurt their feelings and tell them that it tasted nasty! Especially after stealing their chairs. haha. Lesson learned: never underestimate anyone or give them the benefit of the doubt when in a prank war. I'm too nice...I would far rather suffer than make anyone else feel bad/awkward on my account. I've been told that this should change slightly, however, I'm not really sure how to be any other way, so I'm not sure exactly how that's gonna go. haha. I know from now on though...never trust anything that sparks 4 gives us! haha. Well, unless they taste it first. The funny part was, was that we ate it to be nice right? and both of them are sitting there watching us eat it. Adam covered his face with his pillow at times so as to not show his complete joy and Marcus kept the straightest face I've ever seen. Emily pretended to finish and just dumped the rest into the sink (she was caught, but they didn't say anything until after we confronted them about it). But guess who ate the ENTIRE bowl! Yeah, yours truly. Talk about real friendship. Jeez. I just figure that's preparation for whenever I have kids someday and they try to do something nice and make me breakfast in bed or something and its horrible...I know I can choke most anything down after that. haha. marcus was laughing because I was taking huge drinks after each bite. Ugh...I can't believe I fell for it. Anyway, we decided that we would take the sandwiches in our lunches the next day and I forgot mine in the fridge (luckily) and Emily calls me while I'm at work and was like...have you eaten your sandwich yet? I told her that I hadn't and she warned me to go home and throw it away. I think she still probably has the pepper taste in her mouth, two days later. haha. Good times for sure...sorta. hahaha. There really isn't a whole lot more going on, so I'll do one of those "of the week lists" again. It's been a while...

Song crush: What About Now by Daughtry

Work moment: Lynnette came back from her trip and told me that they will do whatever they can to keep me around Winter semester (unless I go home)...that felt good. Paul started freaking out at the thought of me not being here. I like to feel needed :)

Funny memory: aside from the above mentioned experience, I would say my favorite funny memory would be the other night when I was still up and Emily was going to bed...we were 'playful bantering' as to if the light should be turned off or not. I wanted it off so she could sleep and she wanted it on so I could still see n stuff for when I went to bed. I got up and turned the light off and sat back down at my computer and she told me she was reading (she really wasn't) so I should keep the light on...she then proceeded to quote one of the Harry Potter books. I don't know if it was really QUOTING it, but it sounded very legit and it wouldn't surprise me in the least since she's read them so many times. it was the funniest thing. She just kept going and getting louder and louder...probably trying to annoy me, so I'd cave. I dont think she realizes that when it comes to others and their well being, I don't cave. :) So, she kept going and going and naturally...I jumped on her. hahah good times, good times. Although, when I came up last night, she had left the light on...bring it girl, bring it!

Latest squeeze: pumpkin pie. I made two last night and I cant wait to eat it. I've been thinking about it all day. I have a feeling a wonderful obsession is coming...at least until I eat them anyway. :)

Brave moment: "revealing myself" hahah right Beth? Holy crap, I was terrified (and probably blazing red). I'm surprised I didn't wet my pants or scream or something. I sure wanted to.

Secret: I told Beth this, this morning and I figure it's about time I stop being ashamed...When my roommates aren't home (which doesn't happen a whole lot, but when it does...I pounce on the opportunity) I stick in my TMNT DVD of season 1 of the cartoon and I watch at least 1 episode. Its my guilty pleasure. But now that it's in the open, maybe I'll watch them freely. haha I used to watch them all the time when I lived with Jen, Zarah and Laura cuz let's face it...Jen had Gummi bears and duck tales too! :) My new search is for Animaniacs. i used to love that show...probably too much. :)

Memory: I was playing phase 10 with Emily and Brittany (which, I totally was winning, by the way) and Brittany randomly brought up the old TV show, 'Princess Guenevere and the Jewel Riders.' I used to LOVE that show. Kami and I would watch it before church each Sunday and we'd talk about it on our way to Primary. hahaha. Good times. I had completely forgotten all about that show. Wow...childhood was great. :)

The end. :)

5 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

lovin the pumpkin pies wish i lived closer!

{B}dreamy said...

Yay, a Tara post! These always make my day. *B

Adrienne said...

I used to love Animaniacs too! I would watch all those shows with you! Come back to Texas!

Jen said...

Hahaha, those sneaky boys!

Meredith said...

I can't believe you ate that all, you are such a brave woman. I would have told them it tasted like crap and to go home and try it again! :) OK maybe not, but it's so funny that you ate it all!