Thursday, October 2, 2008

SLC or bust!

Heya! So, I guess it’s about time for an update eh? I feel like I’ve been slacking on my blogging duties (haha that was for you, Meredith…DUTIES). Lol. Gotta love how immature we are. It spices life up just a little, right?

So, in a nutshell, the RS conference session was awesome. Each of the talks were so great and there was so much to take from all of them. My roommates and I got to go to the Conference Center, which is always an amazing experience. Especially with the crazy music lady. If you watched it, you know what I’m talking about. J I always love it when we get to sing as a congregation. It makes me feel like sayin, stay back Satan…you can’t touch this, sucka!! Haha Well, something like that anyway. J Or you can say things like Meredith said: “BANDAID…we’re singing the same song together at the same time! It’s almost like we’re together!” haha cute….Can I just say how much I love President Uchtdorf? He was SOLID. Well, they all were, but you know what I mean. Wow. Not to mention that President Monson was sporting a pretty sweet gray suit and that made me happy. They were so cute with their wives afterwards too. Talk about good times. We ended up just driving up to the Trax station in Sandy so we didn’t have to fight traffic and parking n stuff and it was pretty chuck full of women in dresses…and Utes in red. I guess there was a game that night or something. Let’s just say it was insanely packed in there. I got to know many new people in ways they probably wish that I didn’t. haha. Anyway, on the way home, we were trying to frown. I dunno why, or how it started, but it’s hard to do. Just know that. So anyway, my roommate Brittany told us that she was going to try to take a picture of Em and I frowning…little did we know that she was videoing us the whole time. Some of y’all have seen this on facebook, but for my family who doesn’t, this should be shared…


Anyway, afterwards, we were going to go to Olive Garden for dinner, but it was completely packed and like a 45 minute wait…not good when you’re already starving right? So, we’re driving around, trying to find something else that looks good and not so busy, and what do I see out of the corner of my eye? That’s right…Texas Roadhouse! Only the BEST place ever. Next to IHOP of course. It was SOO beyond wonderful to eat there. You walk in and it’s totally got the Southern, Texas feel to it. Just like back home. Although, I’m not friends with everyone that works in the Utah ones…hahah probably cuz I haven’t been there enough yet. We can change that. J So great though for sure. Emily and I were so giddy and happy. We were definitely in our element. And those ROLLS *drools* You can’t beat them. We went through 5 baskets of them. In all fairness, we each took two rolls home with us in our doggie bags, but still. All them rolls, 5 glasses of water and chicken with baked beans later, we high tailed it outta there and then watched a movie to work off the food. Good times. In all, it was a great trip! J

Other than that, this week has been kinda uneventful. I got the flu on Tuesday…good times. And Emily left me yesterday to go get her surgery, so she wont come back until Friday of next week…I dunno what I’m gonna do. Probably go back to socializing like I used to…hahaha. Anyway, I have a test to study for and tonight is Smallville and the Office so I gotta get goin. I’ll catch y’all lata!!!!

3 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

My favorite part of this entire video is when you start to whine, "what are you doing?" Haha, so great! Glad you girls had a good time. And next time you go to Texas Roadhouse, get the sweet potato with the cinnamon butter. Holy freakin' moly. *B

JA and co. said...

That video was impressive...frowning is a heck of a lot harder than it looks in my opinion. And sorry about the flu, that's a bummer! My favorite thing about getting sick is the fact that I get to eat soup and drink juice all day long. Solid.

Meredith said...

You are such a crazy lady! I love the video, and especially the lovely Trax beeping in the background, good times! Glad you had such a great weekend, I miss ya! Hope you're feeling better, it's so crappy to have the flu, literally!