Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Yup that's right...Jack died. He actually kicked the bucket like 3 days ago, but I haven't gotten around to blogging about it yet, so I apologize for the lateness of this tragic news. I've decided that I'm not allowed to have fish anymore. Adam thinks I should get a turtle. I've thought about it...but we'll see. My track record hasn't been so good this month. I would hate to add a turtle to the casualty list. Seeing as how we only had Jack for a couple of days, I don't have as many memories with him as I did with Cumby, but here's just a small tribute to Jack and the small life he lived:

- I already wrote about this, but the "Emily...why so serious?" kick was great. The look on her face was priceless and she was really creeped out. haha. Great times

- He helped me get through the pain of losing Cumby. I don't know if moving on would've been as easy without Jack...it gave me someone else to take care of. Now, I guess, all I have is Emily to take care of. haha Not that that's a bad thing, but she's a big girl...she doesn't really NEED me to take care of her, even though I enjoy doing it. :)

Yeah okay, that's about it for the fish memories. Two for two days though...thats pretty good. In other news, these next two weeks are gonna be packed with some good times. Emily is getting knee surgery in a little less than two weeks so I decided that we need to do everything that she wants to do that she wont be able to do after she inherits crutches for 3 months. Last night we played night games which was way fun...minus the whole shin splint thing. It was totally worth it though. We're gonna try to go on a bike ride today if I can find a bike to borrow, and I'm sure Ultimate frisbee and country swing dancing will get fit into the next two weeks somewhere. I'm not sure why I'm retarded like this, but whenever people get surgery or something, I have always made something to match their "casts" and wear it whenever I'm with them. Ex: In high school, Carolyn scratched her eye, so she had to wear her glasses. I never wear glasses, but that week, I wore them with her. Also, when my dad had eye surgery, he had this patch thing that he had to wear, so I made one too. I'm lame, but it makes me happy for some reason. haha. Weird, I know. At least I'm entertained easily...so yeah, my next project will be a leg brace. This one will be a little harder, but I'm up for the challenge.

Emily and I went to Kneaders today (a restaurant that's all about the BREAD)...yeah...definitely something that I'm addicted to now. Go figure. It was great. They had the BEST french toast ever. *melts* I'm a sucker for bread + breakfast food. What can I say? A couple of weekends ago, Emily and I had to go grocery shopping, so we went to Sam's right? While we were there, we thought we'd take advantage of the $1.50 lunch combos and we were completely full right? We had to go to Macey's to get a few things that we couldn't get at Sams and I met up with Em to put my stuff in the cart (I was gone for seriously like 3 minutes) and I had a roll and was eating it. She just looked at me and was like, 'where in the world did you get that?" haha I couldn't help it. They were giving them out as 'free samples' and I couldn't say no. She just laughed and was like...wow...nothing can come between you and bread. Especially rolls though. Sister Breinholt knows. If I ever come over and she has made rolls, she can fully expect them to be at least half way gone. Maybe more if I'm going to be there over night. haha. I just can't resist them. Its a weakness I have. Just like when people play with my hair. I turn into jell-o. Good times. Anyway, I think Em and I are going to head outside to do some homework cuz it's nice out there. Plus, it might rain soon, so we want to be there for the action! :) I hope y'all have a GREAT weekend! Heartcha! XOXO

3 comments:

Jen said...

1. I'm glad you are going to live it up with Em before she gets Big Bertha back.
2. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a leg brace. You are such a good friend. :)
3. I love bread too. The other day I ate about 5 rolls in one day. Which doesn't sound ridiculous, but it was with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. also for dinner that day i had a grilled ham and cheese on a massive roll.

{B}dreamy said...

Wait, do you wear contacts? And am I going to have to make you a matching leg brace cozy??? *B

Isaac said...

Tara, Tara, Tara.... you're not supposed to reveal how terrible a pet owner you are that quickly! You should have at least had some kind of post in between "I got a new fish!" and "I killed my new fish!"

Sorry to hear about Jack.