Monday, September 8, 2008

Chillin' Like a Villain

This weekend was pretty relaxed and chill. Just the way I like it! A little adventure is fun, don't get me wrong, but there's nothin like a nice, laid back weekend! :) Now that I think of it though, it really was CHILL. For some reason, our swamp cooler works REALLY well all of a sudden and when we woke up, it was like 45 degrees (or lower) in our apartment. Its horrible. We lay around in our sweats if we're ever in our apartment. Its actually quite funny now that I think of it, but still...brrrrr! :) Friday night I had a date and then I came home and made cookies with my roommate, Brittany, and watched a movie with her and Adam. Good times with Enchanted, you know? No matter how many times I see that movie, I cant help but crack up a little. :)

Saturday morning, Emily and I went to our Pilates class which just about kills us every time. By the time we get to "the clam" I want to die. haha. Totally worth it though. Minus our inability to walk for about an hour or two afterwards. I tried walking up the stairs to go hop in the shower and I fell over. Good thing the wall was there to catch me. hahaha. Sadly, I'm not kidding! lol. After that, our managers put on a tailgate party for the football game since it was an away game. Can't beat free food and football. :) Then we left and took Brittany to see The Dark Knight. She hadn't seen it yet and Emily and I thought that was absurd. So, naturally, we had to fix that! :) Then, Emily and I went to hit up Marcus to play rock band for a little and then we high tailed it over to another apartment in our ward to watch a movie. The night ended with some mischievous planning and giddy laughter. ;)

Sunday was an AWESOME day. Our mischievousness was a result of planned shenanigans that were to take place early Sunday morning. However, the apartment in question locks their doors. Way to be safe guys, way to be safe. So, we went back to sleep for a little bit and dreamed of other ways to break in to their apartment. :) We had Regional Conference yesterday which was amazing. Pres Packer and Uchtdorf were both there and spoke to us, along with Elder Jensen and Sister.....blast, I can't think of her name. I want to say Kibbs, but I KNOW that's wrong. At any rate, she's President Monson's daughter. She talked about rolls and it made me yearn for some of mom's homemade goodness. We all know that bread is one of my many weaknesses. I think I drooled just a little bit. :) Ew, ew, ew! Anyway, once we got home, I made Emily, Kate and I some french toast so as to continue on my families' tradition of eating yummy breakfast food after church. I made myself a little visit over to Adam to deliver a much anticipated cookie and then came home and read a little bit and took a nap. I was awakened by my old roommate, Laura, as she climbed on top of my bed and plopped right on top of me. hahah. I miss those good ol days, girl. hahaha Can't say it didn't freak me out a little though! :) Heartcha!!!! XOXO Anyway, after I woke up, I snuck by Sparks 4 to see if there were still people downstairs. To my surprise, no one was there AND the door was open. *shakes head* I think they've learned their lesson. haha. Anyway, I ran back and got Emily and we went in and took all of their chairs and left a ransom note, demanding a yummy dinner in return for their chairs. After they came downstairs and realized what had happened, I was bombarded with text messages asking me if I had no soul for stealing the banana chairs as well and other things like how I could steal on a Sunday. hahaha. Silly boys. I think they're just mad that they got busted by some girls. Although, now its 2 against 6...its okay though. We've been doing this for a year now and they've just started. That gives us back our edge. Anyway, after all the text messages I started getting a little worried that maybe they were just really mad instead of just trying to make me feel bad. So i went over to see, but I was not enlightened either way. Adam just kept staring at me and shaking his head. *hides her face* haha...we did give them cookies as a peace offering. Mostly because we had a lot and I really did start to feel really badly about it. Our friend, Ian, lost a bet with Emily and I so he made us cookies, so it was good. Later on, Adam and Marcus came over to watch the CES Fireside as they didn't have any chairs to sit on to watch it in their apartment and it was AMAZING. Just what I needed. Elder Holland spoke about trials and tribulations and wow...talk about food for the soul! Shoot. It was so good. I felt really silly though cuz I started crying a little and I hate crying in front of people. It makes me feel vulnerable. haha. Afterwards, Emily and I talked to Jen on the webcam (our new Sunday tradition) and then we played Phase 10 with Brittany. Sorry I won y'all, but don't mess okay? hahah. Baseball Mike came over since we hadn't seen each other for a while, so that was fun. And really kind of a breakthrough experience for me. I've been randomly in love with him for like the last year almost (off and on) and every time I saw him it came back and completely sucked...but this time...nothin. It was great! I was so excited. lol That probably sounds weird, but I was pretty stoked about it. It may be because my attentions have turned else where, if you know what I mean ;) Anyway, we had ward prayer and Disney night as usual, so it was a great Sunday minus feeling bad about pranking the guys...but I'm over it now, so its okay. haha. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well! Heartcha! XOXO

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Reading this makes me a little sad... sniff sniff. I miss you so much!! Oh, and you betcha your attention has turned elsewhere. YAY!

JA and co. said...

I LOVE how your "relaxing and chill weekend" consists of doing tons of fun things :)...way to have tons of friends, girl!

Meredith said...

You are so silly - and now I am thinking about homemade rolls and well, I wish Bubby wasn't sick or I'd hit Crysta up for some - hers are the best you know!