Monday, October 20, 2008

Friends, Family & Fun!

Howdy Hey Y’all! It’s been a pretty darn good last few days! I love the weekends but they always seem to go by WAY too fast. It’s okay though, that just means I’m one step closer to getting to see my baby girls at Christmas time! I talked to Meredith, Ben and Syd on Skype last night and Syd and I decided that we’re going to make up a Christmas dance to Jingle Bells (her favorite Christmas song, apparently). It should be lots and lots of fun. Mostly because we always dance together anyway, so this will be extra fun. I’m envisioning matching Santa hats and maybe some bells and/or green suspenders. Hahaha. Can’t go wrong there right? I’m excited and that’s all there is to it! :) Seriously though, this weekend was great. Friday, Em and I had a double date (we LOVE those) where we ate spaghetti, played clue and watched Red Eye. Way fun...then Saturday we just kinda relaxed and we got to talk to Jen on the webcam for about an hour! Those are some of my favorite weekend moments. Heartcha girl! Then the four of us from Friday night went to see Wall*E at the dollar theater. I really just love that movie. It always makes me giggle uncontrollably. After church yesterday, I was invited over to Aubrey and Gregs for some ice cream and brownies and Disney Trivia so in all, it was quite eventful and awesome :) I love chill weekends! :)


The BYU vs TCU game was a complete BUST…it was quite sad. Usually we rock them, but unfortunately, not this year. Woo, we got our pants kicked. *sighs* Its okay though, we still had our traditional BYU/TCU party as always and it was definitely fun to see everyone who has come up here from back home. I didn’t realize how many people lived here now! This one family, the Merril’s, were there, who I haven’t seen in at least 5 or so years and their daughter was in my dance classes in high school that I taught. She came running up to me and gave me a big hug and I had no clue who she was (she looks SOOO different) until she said MISS TARA!!! I’M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU! Haha. I was like OOOHHHH…dance kids. And then I was able to put two and two together. In all fairness to me, she was 5 when she took my class, and now she’s 9, so don’t judge me for not remembering. *teethy grin* One of the first things she said to me was, “You look a lot older and shorter than I remember!” Everyone that was sneakily listening in on our conversation started to chuckle a little bit and started listening harder to see what my response would be. Lol. I didn’t come up with anything creative, but you know…sometimes when you’re under pressure, it just doesn’t work out that way. :) It was definitely fun though. I spent most of the time with Josh and the Breinholt’s and it was a definite needed break from Provo life. Gotta love little pieces of home! And speaking of home and Breinholt’s, I’m going to see Kami in Rexburg next weekend! I’m stoked. We’re going to some Halloween concert and some other stuff. I can’t wait. I need some Kami time! :) Heartcha girl!


Alright, one more shout out to Emily…last night was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! We always have roommate prayer each night, right? Well, last night, we didn’t even get upstairs to start getting ready for bed until about 12:15, so we’re dead tired right?...to the point where everything was funny. We have a nice little system where who ever is praying that night asks what the other person needs and I asked her and she goes, “A new knee.” (she just had reconstructive knee surgery) and being as tired and loopy as I was said, “What the heck is a noonie?” hahaha I know it sounds lame, and really not funny at all, but stuff like that kept happening and we were just ROLLING from laughing so hard. It was incredibly amazing and so much fun. We freak out when we’ve been apart for like more than 6 hours. Haha. We see each other all day, every day most days and we still never run out of things to talk about. When we wake up in the mornings, I feel like I have so much to talk to her about…dreams from that night, how we slept, etc. etc. etc. haha its quite sad but very funny. I heart you girl! XOXO Anyway, I should probably get going, but I hope everyone has a GREAT week this week!

6 comments:

Kiera said...

It sounds like you have tons of fun!! I love when I get really tired and I am just lauging at everything. It has been a while since I have been like that. I have the extreme tiredness, but not the excessive laughing that goes with it. That is so great that you get along so great with your room mate. How fun is that!! I would love to watch the dance that you and Syd make up!

Melissa said...

"Gumption!?" So I loved the part about roommate prayer and could picture the two of you giggling till tears were streaming down your cheeks! That sounds like a blast! Heartcha

Emily said...

Shu - you got it right. We were laughing SO HARD we were crying!! Gumption - gooooood memory!! Oh shu I miss you!!

{B}dreamy said...

Are you going to the Halloween Concert?!?!?! [jealousy abounds] Say hello to dear Rexburg for me :) Glad you had a fun weekend! *B

jenbwaite said...

Hahah, the other day i read the word gumption and i remembered those crazy roommate prayers. I miss being goofy/loopy with you guys!

Meredith said...

Wow Bandaid, you are so funny! Syd is so excited to see you - she is currently overly exited for "Halloween Day" but once that's over I KNOW she will be asking me about if you are coming home yet...looking forward to it! 'No Baby Girl, it's not Christmas yet...in 2 1/2 months (etc.)' Good times. I need a noonie too, will you hook me up with one while you're working on Emily's?!?!?!