Friday, October 10, 2008

Bring on the Rain

So, to update everyone on my recent prison experience...it was probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life. Hands down. I guess I'm just full of stereotypes and expectations for what I thought I would find there, but the sisters that were there were so wonderful. They recognized that they had made mistakes and were trying to change. They were such sweet women, some of which, I could tell were really trying their hardest to get back on the right track. After the lesson was over, we visited with some of them and they were on their way. We stayed and talked with the Bishopric and RS presidency who were over the sisters and they actually asked us to come back the Sunday before Thanksgiving to speak on gratitude in their Sacrament meeting. I'm really, really excited. We thought we would take different angles on the topic so that we didn't stand up and talk about the same thing, and I had decided to talk on gratitude for our trials. We're also singing and arrangement of 'Because I have Been Given Much." I'm not the best singer in the world, so I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out, but I'll do my best :)

I think it's funny that something like that should happen though...that two nights before I knew how I would feel and the 'trials' that I would be facing, I opted to speak on gratitude in our trials. Now I KNOW the Lord has a great sense of humor. haha Maybe this is His way of making sure that I have something worthwhile to say. lol. Honestly though, I am trying my hardest to find the silver lining on this one, and I'm really not sure what it is. All I can say is that its times like these when I become closer with my Heavenly Father and even some of my friends who are there to lift me when I'm down. That's definitely a silver lining! Last night was one of those 'cry yourself to sleep nights' which was actually kind of nice...its very cleansing...silver lining number 2 perhaps? And even though I woke up puffy eye'd and dead tired this morning, it doesn't ache so bad. One of my favorite songs is Jo Dee Messina's Bring on the Rain...it has the best lines: "Cuz tomorrow's another day, and I am not afraid, so bring on the rain." That's totally how it is. Bring it on suckas. There aint nothin I can't handle! :)

In more awesome/exciting news: I got my passport this week. You know what that means?!? I'm one step closer to cavorting my way through the hills and valleys of Ireland. *does victory dance* P.S. Cavort is one of my favorite words. Mostly because of its definition though: "To romp or prance exuberantly." HA! It doesn't get much better than that. Also, my brother just called. He's coming to see me for Thanksgiving. I'm determined to believe that its just because he misses me bad and can't wait until Christmas to see me, but I'm sure he has some other motives too...you know, like his best friend or something. haha. But still...I get a whole week of my Puden Head. That means, there's a whole week of nintendo playing, movie watching, wrestling, eating and all around good times. In all honesty, we'll probably throw watching Chuck and Star Wars in there, of course. Anyway, I just got an email of a graph my coworker needs me to make for her article she's writing, so I'd better be off. I hope everyone has a splendid weekend! XOXO

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

It sounds like you need an umbrella (ella ella eh eh eh)! *B

jenbwaite said...

i'm glad you liked the prison. now i'm extra jealous. :) i think i'm going to call you tomorrow, cuz i miss you bad! and way to have a good attitude about your trials. i wish i was there to hug you.