Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not Halloween

We had our traditional “Not Halloween” party last night. Last year, we got together with a few apartments from our ward and celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas, just not on the actual day, thus is was named “Not Thanksgiving” and “Not Christmas.” Em and I decided that Halloween was getting the shaft, so we decided to throw it into the mix. We had some old timers and some new timers come, so it was fun. It was complete with pumpkin carving, yummy sugar cookies and ended out with a trip to get slurpees…it was a little cold for that, but it was totally worth it, minus the possible frost bite in my hand from having to hold it. Haha.








Also, time to celebrate. I booked the tickets/tour for our Ireland trip. I’m darn excited about it. We’re going in February so I’m leaving for home on the 12th so I can spend a couple of days there and then I'll be coming back to Provo on the 22nd. It’s going to be a great week and a half! Some of the things that I’m most excited about getting to do:
~In the evening drive to the Merry Ploughboy Pub for a great dinner of Irish specialties, which is followed by a show of traditional Irish songs and intricate step-dancing.
~Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous "Stone of Eloquence." Also visit the Blarney Woollen Mills where you can find quality Irish-made goods of all types conveniently displayed under one roof.
~Embark on Ireland's most popular scenic drive of 100 miles - the Ring of Kerry. This winding route reveals breathtaking sights of the Macgillycuddy's Reeks as well as coastal views of beaches and cliffs.
~In the evening head to Bunratty Castle for a memorable experience in a wonderful setting with good food and entertainment. Then take your place in the Great Hall for a medieval-style feast of excellent dishes and plenty of wine. During and after the meal the lords and ladies will serenade you with song and harp music, evocative of the Middle Ages.
I dunno about you, but I’m ready to party with the pub-ers! Haha.

I started my bowling class this week…its going to be a lot of fun. Before the class started, I was just talking to some people in my class, trying to make friends, you know? And my new friend, Sam, asked why I was taking the class. I replied with, “well, because I can bowl a 240 on the wii and about a 75 in real life.” He said well…you know, after the class, IF you can get someone to ask you out, he could take you bowling and you could school him. Haha. I know he didn’t mean it like that, but my other new friend, Kristi, and I were laughing about it the rest of the class period. Hahah he said IF! Lol. Good times. He kept touching me throughout the rest of the period too…it was weird and frankly, quite creepy. But, funny at the same time, if that makes any sense! Anyway, I gotta head out and get some stuff done. I hope everyone has a great day! XOXO

3 comments:

Kiera said...

Your Ireland trip sounds fun! I am jealous!!

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you to go to Ireland! wahoo! Also, bowling class sounds awesome. You are going to have to teach me a few things because I need those side bumper thingies when i bowl!

Zarah said...

haha so Ashton and I were talking the other night about countries we wouldn't mind living in and Ireland came up on the positive list. You'll have to tell me what it's like. That's so great that you get to go!