Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby, its cold outside!

Even though I've been here for almost 5 years now, I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that it starts getting cold here in October. I've used my space heater (for which, I'm VERY thankful for) at work every morning and I make sure to have layers upon layers on for when I have to walk to campus. In all fairness, when it comes to cold weather I just might be the biggest weenie out there. I wear that banner proudly, rest assured. I would much rather be hot than cold. Although, the snow is fun...just not when you're walking to school in it. My friends have told me about their nose hairs freezing before, from it being so cold at times. I hope that that is an experience I never have. :) I guess, my silver lining this time will be that with the cold weather, I can justify wearing my sweats more and I can cuddle up in blankets and drink hot chocolate with my dipping toast, while in Pierre...well, what's left of him anyway. Did I tell y'all that my FHE brother broke him? Yeah...the bottom kinda *pauses for emphasis* bottomed out. haha get it? Bottomed out! I crack myself up sometimes. I blame my dad. That's definitely his humor. :) At any rate, having just the top makes me feel like I'm in some kind of pod and it's quite the adventure. If you make sudden movements you kinda roll around in a very uncivilized manner. *awkward* Good times, good times. OH silver lining number two: because I'm such a weenie with the cold, it gives me excuses to cuddle with whoever I please, whenever I please. hahaha Most of the time, its people like Emily who are used to it anyway, but still...I'm a cuddle bug. I really enjoy it. I'm not going to lie. :)

Speaking of Emily...she got her surgery last week and even though I've talked to her on the phone everyday, I miss her lots and lots. Its weird that she's not there. She said she's not coming back until MONDAY. *sighs* I hope I can hold out. Its sad that I'm missing her this bad and I went and saw her on Friday for about an hour or more, and I saw her on Sunday for like 15 minutes. Man...I'm pathetic. hahaha. Love you girl! XOXO

Today should be fun...I'm teaching a Relief Society lesson at the Prison in Draper and I'm actually really excited about it. They asked me to teach on Budgeting (?!??!) which I thought was kind of an interesting topic to be teaching at a prison, but I decided to throw a little 'be prepared' twist at the end of it. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes! :) I do enjoy getting to say I'm going to prison today when people ask me what I'm up to! haha its quite funny. Last night, Joyce was like...hey, lets do something tomorrow evening! I quickly responded with...well, I'll be in prison tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back. hahaha...this girl in our ward was outside on the phone and kinda looked at me like WHA?! lol good times.

Wow...I just realized it's been a while since I've written, yet again. I apologize. At least it wasn't a FULL week this time :) In all fairness though, I think the only person that really cares if I update regularly is my sister and I talk to her on the phone everyday anyway, so I'm guessing she wont hate me too much. *smiles* This weekend was fun though...Conference weekend! One of my favorite weekends of the year! For starters, Friday night I went over to my neighbor's apartment and played games and 'catch up'...she was one of my best friends from Freshman year and we really haven't seen each other a whole lot since she moved next door. It was a lot fun. Not to mention that she's kinda dating this guy that I dated briefly last year so that's been fun to swap stories about! :) Good times. Saturday, I went up to Taylorsville to spend most of the day with Adam and his family. It was really nice of them to invite me up, and definitely a blessing for me to be able to go. There are two times when I get really homesick...conference weekends and special holidays. So, it was great to be with SOMEONE'S family at least. It made the ache a lot lesser than normal so that was definitely great. Plus, they made sourdough waffles for breakfast and they were YUUUUUUMMY! :) But, coming from the girl that eats pancakes/waffles/french toast every Sunday, that shouldn't be a surprise. haha. In between sessions we went to this little crafty village thing. It was dang cute. And they had a couple of shops that had a bunch of crafty things in them that I just wanted to live in. haha. If i were rich, I would've bought most of the things in those stores, I'm sure. haha. It was definitely hard to resist...especially knowing my weakness for fun holiday decorations. Adam's family was great though...so nice and wonderful! It was kinda weird...I don't think I felt awkward there at all, which is a big deal for someone like me. *laughs* Feeling awkward usually comes pretty natural for me. lol. Its a good thing that it was raining really badly, otherwise I might not have left! haha. Sunday was good too...Irene made cinnamon rolls (you know how I cant pass those up) and I did a little Sunday cooking in between sessions. Can't beat that. I think my favorite talk was Pres. Monson's on change. Definitely something I struggle with, so it really hit home with me. Gotta love it!!!! :) Anyway, I'm gonna get back to work now, but I hope everyone has a rock on, awesome day! Heartcha! XOXO

4 comments:

Jen said...

i'm glad you had a fun weekend! oh please, awkward does not come easily to you. i am actually ruling in that area right now. yep, a couple stories to come for you. also, is it weird that i'm jealous you get to go to prison? i've always wanted to go in and see what it's like. everytime i drive past draper i always look at the people in their jumpsuits. weird i know.

Jen said...

Ps. Ohhhhhhh Pierre!!

JA and co. said...

Okay, funny story. Jason's sister made lemon bars the other day and when she showed them to Jason he said, "oh no...death by powdered sugar inhalation." A sentence, which, of course, immediately brought to mind our near-death experiences with the powdery substance. He probably thought I was weird because I couldn't stop laughing. Oh, and although I hate the snow, I'm definitely jealous that you get to wear sweats already and drink hot chocolate. I probably won't be able to do that until November...sad.

{B}dreamy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun times (with my family and dipping toast)! Way to keep your eyes open for silver linings. You're my hero. *B