Tuesday, October 14, 2008

*shivers*

It snowed on Saturday...yes, that's right. SNOWED. It didn't stick, which I am VERY grateful for, however, the fact still stands that its october and I've already had to bust out my gloves. *sighs* Here is a list of things that I've already experienced as a result of the change in temperature...this makes me really nervous for when its actually "winter" time. If I'm being this much of a weenie now, I hate to see me in December! hahaha....ugh. :)

You know it’s cold outside when:
· You have to use a space heater at work WHILE wearing gloves
· You can see your breath IN your apartment
· Your ears actually hurt because they are so cold
· You have to borrow someone’s chapstick because yours is frozen. (true story…that happened today)
· No matter how many layers of clothes you have, you’re never warm enough
· You sleep with pants and long sleeves with 3 blankets and you still find yourself shivering at night…I need to get a heated man pillow. That would be sweet. I wonder if they make those...
· It hurts when you first walk outside
· Breathing doesn’t feel good
· You refuse to shower in the morning because you’ll freeze…or if you don’t get your hair all the way dry, you’re afraid it might freeze and break off.
· Your hair gets static-y and you seem to shock everything you touch.
· Shaving in the shower becomes something you’re afraid of…the possibility of accidently shaving off chill bumps, seems very real and possible. *shivers*
· You start wearing nylons or spandex pants UNDER your regular pants
· Suddenly, the thought of wearing three shirts, doesn’t sound so bad. (haha…I’m actually doing that now! )
· All you want to do in your spare time is put on sweat pants and curl up in a blanket and watch a movie while drinking hot chocolate (while dipping the toast in it…yummm.

In all fairness, I always want to do that last one...there's something about sweats that just make me happy and cuddley inside. Gotta love it. There was one more but i cant think of it off the top of my head. Just know that I'm cold. hahaha. :) I heartcha'll bad! XOXO

3 comments:

Kiera said...

Wow, snow. We are nice and warm down here. I am actually wanting to wear the sweat pants too, curl up and drink hot cocoa and watch a movie. That is what I am in the mood for!!

Jen said...

ohhhhh, so sad. i HATE the cold. but you know that. i feel bad for you. :)

Meredith said...

So sad for you...I was sweating when I was outside on Saturday - I will sweat an extra drop for you next time! :) Poor Bandaid, I totally don't envy you! P.S. Ben says he has something that will warm you up...*evil ha ha laugh*