Monday, February 4, 2008

Reaching the finish line

I did it y'all! I tried out for So You Think You Can Dance. It was actually a pretty lame-o experience, BUT on the bright side, I know how to get past the judges for future reference so maybe if I'm still wanting to try out next year, I'll know how to go about it better. Here's the scoop...when we got there (after waiting for about 3 hours) the preliminary judges asked us to raise our hands as to which style of dance we were trying out with. However, about 99.9% of the thousands of people who were there were jazz/contemporary including *raises her hand* you guessed it! Anyway, they said that only like 200 people tried out in Dallas...good thing that's where I'll be this time next year eh? But because there were so many of us, they had to start cracking down on all of us "unoriginal" sort. For the first hour and a half to two hours, they were handing tickets out like students hand out flyers in the WILK. (For those of you who never went to BYU...thats a LOT)!:) Anyway, after that amount of time, one of the judges got up and was like, because there are so many of you with this style, we have to be really selective, so pretty much, unless you are doing partner work or something really out of the ordinary with cool tricks we haven't seen before, you wont get through to the judges. How true that is! haha. So I basically sat in an auditorium and stood outside for a total of 7 hours to dance for 10 seconds...that's right...thats all the time we were given. It was still a really cool experience though. I'm glad I did it. No regrets remember?! And like I said, the good thing is, everyone that did partner work got through, so I'm sayin...booyah! Now all I have to do is find a guy that's a sucker that can work his way around the dance floor and is preferrably not gay. hahah. I got to sit next to and make friends with a black guy today though, so that's always good. I miss them...a lot. :) Anyway, I really gotta do homework now, I just thought I'd keep yall posted! XOXOXO

5 comments:

Zarah said...

I'm sad that you didn't make it, but I'm so excited that you got to try out! That's so cool! We'll have to work on the whole finding a partner that's not gay thing. You should have just hooked it up with that black guy. Made some improv moves or something. hahaha

Meredith said...

Yay for Bandaid! Wish you would have gotten on, I was looking forward to see you on TV...oh well. I can't wait to see you in next week...and I can't wait for Syd to stop asking me if Auntie is coming to her house to play with her TODAY yet? :)

Amy Pennington said...

I love the fact you said you missed black guys...a girl after my own heart...I love black people:) I hope I didn't read that wrong on your blog that would be embarrassing. Anyway glad you go to tryout and wow I would have been your biggest fan! see in a few weeks maybe!

Adrienne said...

That's so cool about tryouts. I'm counting down the days until you are here!

JA and co. said...

That's awesome that you got to try out! Wow, you're totally my claim to fame now...