Friday, January 23, 2009

My Family

I’ve decided that since I’ve done a tribute to my brother, Sydney, my car and to my roommates, I should probably step it up and throw down a little shout out to my wonderfully awesome sister and the parental unit. So here it goes…


Meredith…*singing* how do you solve a problem like Meredith? HAHAHAH SO just kidding, sister-face! I love you so freaking bad that I can’t even express it how it should be! We have so many awesome memories that it’s hard to pinpoint them all down, but seriously you’re my heart’s duet. Hahahaha. Life without you would totally suck in a bad bad bad way! I always look forward to coming home and spending every day, all day at your house. Of course, whenever we’re together, While You Were Sleeping and Anne of Green Gables are definitely an order. Nothing was better than when we road tripped it to Vegas last year and we turn on the TV one morning and what was on? That’s right...a little Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman goodness. I think the universe knew we were together. Lol. Meredith is one of those sisters where you can just sit around all day with her and you’re never bored. I don’t know if that’s because, between the two of us, we’re very clumsy and we say stupid things all the time or if we’re just that cool. I’m surprised we have to talk at all considering that we can usually tell what the other is thinking at the very moment. Never try to beat us at Catch Phrase. We will destroy you. :) I think one of my most favorite memories of Meredith and I was when she used to let me sleep in her room when she was in high school. She would pull out the trundle bed and she’d read scriptures while I practiced how to braid hair and then we’d stay up giggling for a few and then it would start all over again the next night! Good times, sister girl. I love you bad and can’t imagine life without you.


Mammasita…honestly, who else would I take to Ireland with me? You rock my socks and it’s so fun that we end up liking a lot of the same things…Ireland, Eeyore, etc. etc. etc. You know, the important things in life :) I also love getting to be your personal shopper…it’s nice to shop for ppl who don’t have a severely large billboard shoulder line. Hahaha. You’ve taught me so much that I wouldn’t have been able to learn from other people and I really value those lessons! :) You know what I miss? All of the cute little notes you and dad used to sneak into my lunches in high school! Its way cool that I got to have your middle name too! We should start an exclusive club or something :) It also makes me feel like I belong in the house of Elle at Krypton…we could be tight with Kalelle and Jorelle or however you spell them. I have no idea, but they sound the same and that makes it a freakin sweet name. I remember all those times when I used to crawl in bed with you and want to snuggle while we watched TV…good times! Anyway, I love you bad and I can’t wait for our fun Ireland adventure next month. It’s gonna be our fun bonding time! We haven’t gotten to do that for a while and I’m excited to leave work and school behind and get a week of just me and you! It’s gonna be great!


Pappity doo dah…how else can I explain it? Yoda? Yeah…you have much knowledge! Hahaha. Thanks for always being the voice of reason for me and for showing me how to fill our lives with Christlike love for those who surround you. I also love all the crappy/awesome things that I inherited from you…bad teeth structure, big feet and toes, eyes that don’t need contacts (seriously…LOVE you for that) and the best one…the fact that we can’t sleep if the bed wasn’t made when we first got in. haha. Quirky, but awesome. Everyone knows that I’m daddy’s little girl and I love it! You always make me feel like someone worthwhile! I loved waking up and seeing flowers on the stove for me on Valentine’s Day and I definitely love our daddy daughter dates to give blood. Not to mention that getting to do the genealogy for your side of the family has been so fun! You’re seriously the best dad ever and I feel bad for everyone else cuz you aren’t their daddio!


Okay, okay…so short and sweet, that’s how I roll! :) I hope everyone has a great weekend and an even better week next week! Heart y’all bad! XOXO

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aawww shucks Bandaid, you might make me tear up just a little, you sweet girl of a sister....you know I would LOVE for you to be back in TX for all these reasons, I miss you when you are gone. However, I hope if you do move back that you move back because you want to and not because you feel like you 'need' to for the rest of us...living away from home is kindof your thing, you are good at it and you have such a huge support group. I would love to see you more often but seriously, please only come back if it feels RIGHT to you!!!! I know you will make the right decision, you are so amazing! LOVE YA BABE!