Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Changing Times and Tough Decisions

So, you know how I thought I had everything planned out? Remember how I also have said, on occasion, that my plans usually never work out? hahah yeah...we're back to square one again. After a LOT of thinking and fighting with myself about different issues (that's very hard to do you know...it takes a lot of talent. haha) I have decided that I have no idea where I'm going to go after this semester. Good conclusion right? :) I've realized that I need to stop putting of what I want to do because the options that present themselves are comfortable for me and "safe." I need to get out and as Mrs. Frizzle always says, "Get messy...make mistakes!" Honestly, I've never been more scared in my life! It was easier to take the easy way out a couple of days ago before all this thinking started. See...no good comes from thinking. We should all stop right now! A few weeks ago I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I just had options and ideas that really didn't excite me much for anything longer than a day or two. Maybe a week if I was lucky. Now, after much thought, I really feel strongly about getting involved with things like crisis centers/women's issues centers or other non-profit organizations that are trying to make the world a better place. I've been doing some job searching and I actually applied for a position at a branch office in Dallas for Cystic Fibrosis today. They asked for my availability date and seriously...it was so hard to put March 09. As much as I really dislike a few things about Provo, its home and if I end up leaving, its going to be really hard. Especially leaving before April like I had planned. And leaving so many of my close friends that I have made through the last 4 1/2 years to head back home where I was certain I wouldn't end up anytime soon. Don't get me wrong...I would love to be home, close to my family, but the culture here is so different and I absolutely love it here despite all the crap pressure to get married, the snow and stuff. Not to mention that it's a great place to be when you're single and LDS. The very idea of leaving really scares me. I've been looking for places in Utah as well and Arizona too but nothing has come up yet...although, I haven't really been searching that long, so who knows? Emily wants to end up in Arizona and I've heard wonderful things about it...not to mention that it's warm. So, that's the scoop. Growing up stinks sometimes. ;)

In brighter news...I got to go to the Draper Temple open house yesterday. It was completely wonderful! I love temples...they really are amazing! But, for now, I have to get back to work. I hope everyone had a wonderful MLK day and continues to have a great week! Love you all! XOXO

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Bandaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was chanting "Move back! Move back! Move back!" silently as I read this post. What fun! But I guess, just really think and pray and decide what is best for you all around and what will make you most happy. Love you girl, good luck in your job search!

{B}dreamy said...

You can always come and live with me! I'm being dead serious. *B