Monday, January 12, 2009

Bet On It

Howdy y'all! This weekend brought about some funny/interesting stories...all around, it was a good time :) Lets go back to Monday though, where the story begins. Monday night after FHE I went with my brothas, Jon, Klark and Verdon and a couple of other ppl in the ward to play volleyball with their friends from Pleasant Grove and as we were in the middle of doing a donut in the church parking lot, Klark stopped and was like hey...have you seen the rugby movie that's in the dollar theater? I said no and they were shocked. So, we decided that we were going to see it that weekend. Long story short, there ended up being about a good 20 ppl from our ward there that night, so it was fun. Not to mention that the movie was actually really good, not including all the cheesy Mormon-ish stuff about it. Sometimes the cheesy Mormon stuff is actually quite hilarious, so yes...I loved the movie and I'm glad I saw it. :)

Saturday was quite the busy day. I went shooting (yes, real guns...weird huh?) with Verdon, Klark and Katie. I felt pretty hardcore, I'm not gonna lie. I'd only been shooting once before and it didn't even technically count. It was in Allison Moon's backyard and we were shooting at a milk carton filled with water. Not quite the best. So yes...it was fun. I sucked pretty bad but I did, at least, hit the targets. I hit the center a couple of times but I'm blaming that on sheer luck. My gun choice: 22 Caliber. All the other ones made me feel like a lameo that cant aim. haha. Which, in fact, is very true, but I'd rather ppl not find that out while I'm shooting a loaded gun :) My funny story from that experience though, is that whenever I was shooting this particular gun, the shells would fly back at me, which didn't hurt or anything, but sometimes they would fly down my shirt. Usually I could just shake it out, but not one time...oh no. It found its way through many layers of shirts and got stuck. Yes, that's right. Stuck. Naturally, it was hot so it burned a little, resulting in me doing a rather strange jiggy dance to try to get it out. Even that didn't work. I finally had to reach down there and grab it out. Good times. Its a good thing that Klark, Verdon and I are so close. haha.

Later that night, I got to go to the Jazz/Pistons game with Pete, Verdon and Ariel. It was some way good times, other than the fact that the Pistons lost by like 26 points. BLAH. That's always the luck. There was this little boy that was sitting behind us that had no idea what the phrase 'trash talk' really means. He kept saying things like, "you trashy car parts!" hahahaha. Oh man...or he'd just yell BOO BOO over and over again. Mind you, he sounded like a little 5 year old girl. We actually thought he was until we turned around and noticed otherwise. Good times. We went and got hot chocolate afterwards to warm up a little and then went trax surfing...and by we, I mean Pete. The rest of us just kinda stood there and watched as he tried to stand on the trax train without holding onto anything when it stopped and started. It was quite funny to watch, but you probably had to be there. He was all over the place at some points.

When I got home, I found my roommates sitting around the TV watching the second high school musical. I've only seen the end part of that one which has some absolutely HILARIOUS parts just because its so incredibly corny. You can't help but laugh when you watch it. I would like to know if this was choreographed or if this is just Zac Efron's brilliance. Now I know why all the girls love him so! After the movie was finished, we decided to dance and sing along with all of the songs. They decided to give me all of the "locker" scenes. There are a couple where the lead girl is singing these sad, lonely songs (evidently, the lack of Zac depresses her...but seriously, wouldn't it depress you if those stellar dance moves were taken away?) Anyway, during times of these songs, she's singing up against the lockers and beating them. I'm here to tell you today, that I reenacted those moments using our fridget. It was great...and now all locker scenes belong to me. Its just sad we didn't get any of this on tape. Aubrey's rendition of 'bet on it' was absolutely classic and I'll forever have it in my memories to pull from when I need a little pick me up. It was definitely the BEST part of the movie, hands down.

Last night, after Disney night, Ashley asked if she could give me a good body massage. She's been thinking about going to massage school because she loves it so much and wants to make it a weekly thing. Shyeah...who would say no to that? Afterwards, her roommate, Aubrey (not the aubrey from before) who is a hair dresser, wanted to give me a scalp massage with all of her good smelly stuff. Oh it was so nice! Loved it!

Anyway, I started back at my job today (which is why I'm blogging by the way)...I love getting paid to do nothing. Its sure better than NOT getting paid to do nothing. :) Although, when I got here, Natania was like...I'm so glad you're here! I have questions for you! hahaha. Good times. It'll be back to normal tomorrow when I get to go out and observe again. I'm excited for that. I hope everyone has a great day and remembers to 'bet on it' whenever they are gonna make a change in their lives. hahaha so tender...

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You are so funny. Sounds like you are having lots of fun too. I knew a Klark in Idaho, we called him K-Lark. Awesome. Anywho, those corny Disney movies get the best of us (see my new post about Sydney). Love yah!

Jen said...

Ok, now i'm confused on who which guy was your date. And, I actually watched the Bet on it clip... 3 comments.
0:39 is THE best... the flailing arms in the camera.
Also, it was cracking me up when he was looking at his reflection in the water.
Finally, the very end where he does those skips/jumps is hilarious.

Honeybee said...

I was at the Jazz and Pistons game too! Hey, what time is Disney night this week? I want to come and bring the boy so you can meet him! I am glad that you are able to work again! Also...you are AMAZING! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!