Thursday, January 8, 2009

In A Good Place

Okay...this is gonna be shortish, but I just wanted to give a quick update. I got a call from BYU finally today (a little later than they had said, but better late than never, for sure). Anyway, they said they actually worked everything out so I'll be starting up at PBSI again on Monday. It's only part-time, but definitely a great thing for me. I have already applied to around 6 or 7 places so if I get calls from any of them, I'll go ahead and interview, and if not, then I'll keep going with my job hunting after I get back from Ireland. I really wasn't sure how well that woulda worked with finding a new job right now. So, I'm definitely very blessed! :) I'm glad it all worked out this way. I can have some kind of income while still searching for a job and it'll make my leaving a lot easier on me and the rest of the office at PBSI. I pretty much ran that place and not training anyone in the stuff I do was gonna make it pretty hard, so I hear. Anyway...I'm definitely excited to have something to do now. I also am going to start volunteering at the crisis center hot-lines and battered women's shelter in Provo with my spare time since I'll only be doing the part time thing for at least another 2 months or so and I"m pretty excited about that. I realized while I was at home that I would LOVE to work in some kind of crisis center or battered women's shelter. So, I figure volunteering there would be a good place to start. Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great week and I'll catch y'all lata! XOXO

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay Bandaid! I'm so glad things worked out. Heavenly Father knows your needs.
P.S. We had the sisters over on Tuesday and we told that one that knows you (Sister Johnston?) that your name to us was Bandaid. She thought it was funny, and I thought it was weird everytime she said Tara. hehe.

JA and co. said...

That's awesome! I'm glad everything ended up working out. Oh, and you should definitely try to get a job at the Center for Change (if that sounds like your thing)...AWESOME experience.

Zarah said...

Hooray for a job! I'm so glad that everything worked out. I'm so excited to see you tomorrow! Do you want us to pick you up or anything so you don't have to drive over? Oh, and I'm pretty sure that you're way better at cross stitching than I am, but if you need someone to show you how to crochet, I can do that! Loves!

Meredith said...

I'm glad your job came through for you, they sure would have had issues without you coming back! Is it February yet?!?!?! Miss ya already!