Thursday, March 27, 2008

Watch out for that...door?

Alright, alright, alright...time for what may be one of the best stories of your week. It all started on a dreary Tuesday night. I wasn't feeling well at all and I was pretty sure that I had a fever. Since this isn't the first time this has happened, I asked my roommate, who was going to the store, to pick up a thermometer for me and I would pay her back. So, long story short, turns out the thermometer didn't work so I had to exchange it for one that did, the next day. Keep in mind, it was more of a chilly night and I still wasn't feeling 100% chipper and I wanted to get home soon so I was walking...briskly. :) Anyway, I'm digging through my purse to find the thermometer so I can have it ready to exchange, all the while keeping my perriphrial vision on the opening to the door. However, right as I'm looking up, I run smack dab into the glass window. When I came to, I analyzed the situation and realized that I had walked right into the part that doesn't move. The sliding part was a little more to my left. Well, it hurt really bad, but I figure, whatever...I do stuff like this all the time. I can shake it off. I walk to the customer service counter and the lady has this really concerned look on her face as soon as she sees me. It wasn't the happy, how can I help you look...oh no. So I was a little worried that maybe she saw me and just felt sorry for me, and then I realized that my eyes were watering from the recent blow to my head, so I thought maybe she was thinking I was tearing up because my thermometer didn't work or something. haha. Anyway, so I get it exchanged and I'm doing a little grocery shopping and it's hurting real bad so I think to myself that maybe I should try to look at it to see if there was any damage done. So i find the sun glasses display and I look into the mirror only to find that there is a gash in the side of my nose and there's blood! There wasn't too much, but it hadn't clotted yet, so it was kinda icky. Anyway, I laughed a LOT so I decided to text some of my friends that I knew I wouldn't see for a while because well, everyone should know about this. haha. Plus, this way, me laughing to myself looked somewhat more legit since I was texting. I didn't want people to think I was some crazy lady at the grocery store that laughs to herself (in abundace) while she shops. That's kinda weird, ya know? So, anyway, I get home and my roommates are watching American Idol and that commercial comes on where she's like "Car On" "Door Open" BAM. haha we definitely laughed HARD.

My mom seems to think that I'll get some sort of black eye. I haven't seen a whole lot of bruising yet but Emily says she can see where its getting darker around where my cut is. I'm really hoping that I get a black eye tho. How great would that be? Honestly. My dream come true! haha. Sadly, I'm not being sarcastic at all. lol. I was really hoping for one this morning, but NOTHING. It was like I was waking up for Christmas morning only to find that Santa didn't bring me anything. BLAH. Sometimes that guy really burns me up! :) It's still hurting pretty bad today. Not that it helps that I have a head cold so it kills everytime I blow my nose, but ya know. I'm gonna try to get it checked out tomorrow to see if I broke it or cracked it or something. hahah How funny would that be? I broke my nose because of running into a glass door at a grocery store. lol. You just know after I left, the manager came over the loud speaker and called an emergency staff meeting so they could watch the security tape over and over. lol. This is definitely a moment that I'm gonna wanna watch when I die and can watch my life movie. haha. I'm sure it looked a LOT more awesome than it felt. :) Anyway, that's my story. I hope it brighted all y'alls days! Heart yall bad! XOXO

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

bwhahaha Poor Bandaid! That is so sad, but SO funny. I am very accident prone so I can sympathize. Hope your poor noseis feeling better now! Thanks for the well wishes and I can't wait to see you this Summer either! I'll be done with school so I can actually come over :) Love ya!

JA and co. said...

Haha!! You rock my socks off, to be sure :). If you get a black eye you definitely should take a picture as evidence so nobody can ever doubt your battle wounds. Darn those glass doors...

Meredith said...

Bandaid you are HILARIOUS! What's more hilarious is that it runs in the family, at least you come by it naturally! It was funny the first time you related the story but this was so much more full of detail, I am still giggling! Wish I could have seen the security cam footage!

Kiera said...

That is hilarious!!I would have laughed so hard at myself if I did that! I also would have laughed if I saw you do it. Not to be mean, just because it is so funny!!

Amy Pennington said...

seriously cracking me up....girl you are too funny! I love your stories and your fams too!