Monday, March 17, 2008

The Joys of St. Patties Day!

HOLLA! Happy St. Pat's! I hope everyone's has been wicked awesome! My celebration pretty much started last Monday, but that's to be expected right? Although, that does mean that after today, it's all over. *sadness overcomes her* Its alright though, I still get to decorate for Easter and that's always good!

Friday was my Annual St. Pat's party which is always fun! Lots of green food, games, Lord of the Dance and root beer chugging! Can't beat that ya know? So yeah, it was definitely fun. Saturday, Laura (my roommate) and I ran the Rex Lee Run 10K. We are still high fiving ourselves since we ran the entire 6.2 miles without stopping and each mile averaged out to be a 10 minute mile. I had no idea I was capable of doing that...my body definitely was mad at me for the last two days, but I'm feeling up to running again, so I'll probably hit that up again starting tomorrow...or maybe Thursday. haha. After the run was over, we jumped into the hot tub since our muscles hurt so bad and then I crashed on my bed for THREE hours. Definitely didn't mean to. I was supposed to take a test so I didn't have to today, but I guess that didn't happen! :) Kami came in town too so I drove up to West Jordan and we crashed on the couch and watched movies and talked a lot. Good times! Those are the best days where I can just relax and not worry about anything!

Sunday was good too. Other than my usual meetings and church, we had our Enrichment Fireside which was really good. It was all about the importance of temples, so Irene (one of my really good friends in the ward, and my 1st counselor) and I decided that we were going to start going to the temple every Friday morning. I used to be so good last year. I would go once a week and now I'm definitely slacking. I forget how blessed I am to have the temple be just up the street. So, I'm definitely excited that we'll be doing that together! We also had DISNEY night as usual which is always fun. This time was especially good tho cuz me and Jeremiah held hands! BWAHAHAHA. Not to worry...I've already done my usual freak out mode. Thanks to Isaac (my friend at work), I'm feeling better. He's always so good to let me unload on him. And he's pretty good at telling me to stop worrying and get over it. haha. Love it. The best part is, is that everyone knew that my freaking out was coming, they just didn't know when...so at least they were prepared. haha. At first I was worried that it was too soon after Trevor, which, it may be...only time will tell, but I'm not gonna know if I don't try it out right? I'll be sure to keep yall posted!

Today has been good so far. I rode with Jeremiah up to campus today so that was fun, I had my devil class and then I went browsing at the mall for about an hour, looking for an easter dress. I didn't find anything that really grabbed me except for one...and its more fall colors, but I'm over it, so I think i'm gonna go back and get it today. Now, I'm at work and have nothing to do again. I was supposed to be editing my poster for my presentation that I have to give next month for our research, but my boss forgot to look over my rough draft, so I guess I'll just save that for Wednesday. I start observing in the schools again tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that. I always love observing the cute little kids. There's always something hilarious that happens. Kids are just too funny! Once I get off work, I need to go study a little bit more and take my test and then its off to the grocery store! I really need to be better at having more of a food supply considering that we're about 100 years overdue for an earthquake round these parts and there's no tellin what I'm going to need, so that's going to be my goal tomorrow. Our bishop told us that if it was within our means, that we should probably have enough to live off of for 2 weeks. I definitely have enough for pancakes for two weeks, but you know...that should be a given! haha. Later tonight, we're going over to Jen and Derricks for some ice cream and Duck Tales. It should be freakin awesome! You can't go wrong with Duck Tales. Anyway, maybe I'll post pictures from Friday if I remember...we'll see! Anyway, love yall and I'll catch ya lata! XOXO

6 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

You definitely make St. Pattie's day much more exciting than it otherwise would be. Love it!

Adrienne said...

Hey Bandaid! Sounds like your St. Patty's Day was a blast as usual! Hooray for holding hands! I don't think it's too fast! What's wrong with dating, right?! Hope you have a great Easter weekend and get all those things done you were talking about! Love you! See you soon!

JA and co. said...

It's a St. Patrick's Day romance...sweet! Tell him the relationship can't go any farther unless he can pass a "Friends" trivia, knows the exact date of St. Patrick's Day, and has read all of the Harry Potter books (I'm so sad there's no more coming out...). Haha, that's funny about the Texas guy being in your class. Did he remember you? And I am living in Quad 5 building C apartment 291 (I think it's building C...stupid letters always confuse me). I love how random and chaotic this comment is...Love ya!

Amy Pennington said...

what a fun week...to be single again...and have so many activities in one week. Who am I kidding it is spring break and Doug is off work and school...girl we are partying and holding hands too:) love the tummy flutter feeling how bout you:)

Kiera said...

Sounds like so much fun. I have never been to a St. Patties day party, but what a great idea. What a great idea to go to the temple once a week. If I could do that I would. That's cool that you held Jeremiahs hand. Is this a new boy you are dating? I am so out of the loop. Well sounds like life is great for you. See ya!

Meredith said...

Aaah my Bandaid, you are so very random and I LOVE your posts! I figured your party went well, always does, you'll apparently need to continue that even when you move back here so Carebear can experience the crazy St. Pattie's Day Bandaid! :) Yea for Jeremiah, hope it all works out, no it's not too soon, go for it! I can't believe you ran that much, I hurt just thinking about it, that definitely does not run in the family and you definitely don't have AS like me if you can do that! :) Can't wait til you come home again, Sydney is always saying that her Auntie is coming home in '10 and 2 days and next wear' - I'm not sure what the 10 and 2 days is but the next 'wear' is weekend and year put together. Funny how kids how no sense of time but say it anyway, so funny! Love ya!