Monday, April 7, 2008

Winding Down

The end is near! I only have 1 week of classes left (after tomorrow) and then finals and I'm OUTTA HERE. It's been really sad this year compared to other years. Laura is getting married and she's my last friend from Freshman year that I've been living with so next year will be kinda weird since all of my closest friends from 4 years ago are all going to be married now and doing their thing. Last year was rough cuz Zaz and Jen both bit the dust, but I think this year will be more weird just cuz the last of em is gone ya know? It'll be alright tho...I've got Em and we're going to party it up. We're definitely gonna miss Laura, Jen and Melissa tho. Definitely glad I've got Emily though...otherwise I don't know what I'd do next year! It's been kinda fun because for two weekends in about the last month or so, it has really just be me and Em fending for ourselves cuz Melissa and Laura have been gone most of the time with their fiances and Jen goes to her sister's house some weekends, so we spend the entire weekend together...which is good. It's good to know that we can stand each other for 72 hours in a row and still not get even close to being sick of each other. haha. We always laugh at ourselves cuz if there's some down time where we really don't know what we're doing yet and I'm in my room and she's in hers, its only like 5 minutes before someone caves in and goes into the other's room to see what they are doing and the other person is like good...cuz I was wondering what you were doing. haha. We're crazy but I love it! Those are some of my most favorite weekends...my Em and me weekends! They're even better when Jen is there too and its definitely a huge plus to have Laura and Shusha with us too...but those weekends are very hard to come by these days, you can imagine!

I've got all of my homework done for the rest of the semester except for reading two more articles. It feels soooo good! Normally, at this time, I'm frantically trying to get in my 50 hours for my genealogy projects, but since I dropped that major, I don't have to worry about it anymore, and it's GREAT. I signed up for classes last night too and can I tell you that my Fall semester is going to ROCK?! I'm taking intermediate tap dance and intermediate irish dance. I'll be taking beginning bowling with Jeremy (aka Pooh)...when I was at the Breinholts on Sunday for Conference, he and Jaelynn came over for some dinner and he was saying how he wanted to take bowling since he's graduating in December too and I was like OH ME TOO, so we're gonna take it together. I feel sorry for the people in our class...and for our instructor. haha. I'm also taking three "Family living classes" which will be a breeze. One of them is purely on the Proclamation to the family, another is about things we can do to incorporate the church in our homes so they can be a place of peace and another is about effectively managing your home or something...I don't really know, but everyone I've talked to said that all three of those were basically relief society lessons every week. haha. It's gonna be so great....school wont be stressful! haha. The only class that I think I'll have to do any work for will be my church history class. I'm taking it from Susan Easton Black and I"ve heard it is amazing! I'm so excited.

I can't wait for Wednesday! My new baby girl will be born! WAHOO! Someone else to spoil and play with all the time! I can't wait. If I have as much fun as I do with Sydney, can you imagine all the good times with TWO?! Syd is such a bundle of joy, you can never have a bad day when you're around her, so I can't even imagine how much better it will be with both of em! Even if I don't get to spend much time with Mallory this summer, depending on where I'm needed and whatnot, I'll at least get some quality Syd time which I'm definitely excited for. Nothing beats a good ol Sydney lovin and play time! I hope my being there will be more of a help than a bother for Ben and Meredith with a new baby, ya know? Meh...they'll tell me...right? hahaha. I'm working on Mallory's little wall hanging thing that I do for new babies n such so that's been a nice break. I'm workin on a little something to give to Mallory and syd too so I'm excited about that! OH and I FINALLY finished Zarah and Ashton's temple thing from their wedding last year. haha Happy 1 year anniversary! :) I have two more to do, so I need to get workin on those eventually! Anyway, I think Jen is going to teach me about Quicken for her finance class. I really think I should start using that or something...especially with all the money I'm spending for people's weddings and bridal showers and such...it would probably be good to keep track of that stuff! Anyway, hearty'all bad! XOXO

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I will be so excited to have you when you get home and you know Syd will too since my attention will be divided from now on! You will be such a blessing! The bowling class sounds fun, especially with Pooh, can't get too much more crazy than that! Sounds like you're going to have a great Fall semester, I'm glad, you deserve a break! And I LOVE Quicken, we've been using it for years and it's the best thing ever, I'd be happy to help you with it too if you want to use it!

Kiera said...

I am excited for Mallory too. We all have colds though, so we won't be able to see her till later this weekend.

Adrienne said...

Hey Bandaid! Sounds like a great semester for you next Fall! I love those semesters! One time I took Russian lit, Russian, ballet, and art appreciation. It was my favorite semester and my easiest! I loved it. Can I just tell you that I envy you. I miss being at BYU-I so much and all the fun I had with my roommates...seriously. I love Heath but I have such great memories from those years there and the girls I spent them with. Enjoy it now because you'll miss it later! Can't wait till you come home! I'll need some of your energy to play with Syd! Have a great weekend!

Amy Pennington said...

Hey you...I just wanted to congratulate you on a beautiful new neice. I got hold her and burp her today and it was the biggest joy of my day. She is beyond precious with the most round little face and precious dimples. I took pics...but I don't have a blog anymore. Plus you will probably get your fill with emails.
Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I miss you and wanted to congratulate you. One more little one for you to be a favorite of.

Hope you are doing fabulous!