Friday, March 7, 2008

CrAzY Days

So, this last week has been pretty emotional for all the good and all the bad. Last Friday night, my Bishop's wife went into the hospital for a fatal disease called C Dyphillis. I have no idea how to spell it, so I took a shot at it, but anyway, it's really rare and they thought she wasn't going to make it for a few days. In order to be considered malnourished, you have to be a 16 on the scale and she was an 8 for about 72 hours or more. The Bishop told me that he honestly thought he was going to be single for the rest of his life. We were all really worried. But, luckily, Wednesday morning she took a turn for the better. She's still pretty weak, but she'll make it through ok. Yet another something that proves to me that prayer and fasting works! It doesn't get much better than that. When the Bishop called me to hurry and get to campus that night, I was really freaking out, but when I got there, there was definitely a lot of celebration going on. Sheesh...talk about tricky/sneaky.

I went to the hospital to visit her yesterday and I brought my friend Jeremiah with me. He's new to the ward this semester and the new executive secretary guy so he wanted to come since he's had some close contact with the Bishop and his family, you know? Anyway, about a hour and a half passed when the Bishop stopped what he was talking about and looked at me and said...wait...is there something going on between you two? hahah. We were laughing pretty hard and saying things like no...we just came together. No sense in driving two cars right? So we keep talking and then he stops again and was like wait...you never answered my question...is there anything going on? Then he looks at Jeremiah and was like you know you're in really good company! And then he looks at me and says the same thing. haha. Definitely awkwardish but totally worth it since it was so funny. As we were leaving, I was saying bye to Sister Shell and Bishop pulled Jeremiah outside and started talking to him and giving me that look like...well you know the one I'm talking about. The one like he's up to something that I'm not allowed to be around for. Afterwards, Jeremiah was like so, the Bishop and his family REALLy think highly of you. hahah I was too scared to ask what Bishop was talking to him about, but meh...I'm over it. I just thought it was absolutely hilarious!

Anyway, its midterm month, and I've had 3 this week and 2 next week and a paper due Monday. These are the times that I really don't like. Although, St. Patties Day is coming up and I can't wait! I'm having a sleepover tonight with some girls that I used to work with that I really don't see anymore so I'm pretty darn excited about that! AND 'Baseball Mike's' first home baseball game is on Tuesday so we're all gonna go and show the love! He's actually gonna be playing TCU in Fort Worth when I'm there in May so that will be fun to go and see him play on my turf! :)

I'm cutting my friend's hair for the first time...ever. I've BICed his head before, but I've never actually cut hair and needed it to look good. Well, except for my own, which really didn't turn out at all, but that didn't matter cuz it was me...oye. I'm scared. haha. We're having a roommate group date tomorrow night too. I was gonna take Bishop's daughter out for a girls night to kind of let her get away from everything, but she said she wanted to do it on the 21st, so my saturday opened up and they were planning the date, so I thought I'd get in on it! I'm pretty excited! We're gonna play night games, which means, 1) its gonna be freakishly cold and 2) well, yeah i don't know what two would be...I'm still focusing on the cold part. You should all know that I don't function well in cold weather. Something always breaks.

We played "Rock Band" today at work. haha. Good times. And I really have nothing to do for the next 30 minutes so I don't feel the least bit guilty that I'm getting paid to write on my blog. Anyway, I'm feelin a good game of sudoku or somethin coming on, so I'll catch y'all later. Heartcha! XOXO

5 comments:

Kiera said...

Wow, what a fun life you have!! I am jealous!! My life is fun too , just in a different way. Well have fun on your date and on St. Pattis day and every thing.

Adrienne said...

haha Bandaid you crack me up! I love you! Sounds like you've got some pretty fun things happening. Hope the date turns out good and everything else you have planned...you are a busy, busy girl! Have a good weekend! Love ya!

JA and co. said...

Have fun on your date! And good luck with the hair cutting...I get nervous every time I cut Jason's so I just make him fix it when I'm done...haha. Good times, good times.

Meredith said...

I would say good luck on the hair cutting given the family history (remember what I did to Jennifer's hair, wow that was a bad day!) but I cut Ben's hair and it's fine. It's way easier to cut a dude's hair so I'm sure it'll turn out great. I'm glad your Bishop's wife is doing better, that's scary. And the Jeremiah story, hee hee that's funny. I'll be interested if y'all end up going out... :) Miss ya love ya. Oh P.S., we went shopping for an Easter dress last night and ended up with 5! But anyway, I'll email you pics, your fan is the cutest thing in the world in her new 'twirly' dresses!!!

JA and co. said...

So random question of the day...was there a guy named Abe in our Heather Cove ward?