Monday, January 4, 2010

Peace Out, 2009!

So, it’s been a while (as per the usual) and I figured I should send 2009 off properly. So, in honor of this past year, I have decided to give out meaningless awards called ‘Aunties.’ Kinda like the Grammys, but better because they are from me. :) So, 2009…this one’s for you!

Best music artist: Carrie Underwood. The runner up goes to David Archuleta, easily, but Carrie has recently outdone herself again with her new album. I spent many a cleaning check night cleaning away to her wonderful country sound. Sing it, Carrie.

Most listened to song: Crush by David Archuleta. I remember chatting with Erin about this all the time…before his album came out and it was just the single, that’s all we listened to over and over (and over) again. It made us kind of sad that itunes kept count of how many times it’s been played. (109 just for the record) It showed how truly pathetic (and awesome) we are. Sadly, the count isn’t even accurate as I’ve listened to it in my car and at work on youtube endlessly until the album came out. Oh David…how I love thee. (an appropriate amount, by the way…he is only 18 ya know :))

Best movie released in 2009: The Dark Knight. Hands down. So good. And the Joker: so appealing for whatever reason. Yes, sadly, I still love him in a creepy way since he, himself, is very creepy. It creeps me out that I am intrigued by him so much, but if you can’t fight it, embrace it!

Best new(er) TV show: Chuck. I was first exposed to Chuck in 2009 and I thank my brother, whole heartedly. So with that being said, brother…you get an Auntie too. Well done, well done :) A close runner up was Psych, but sorry…Chuck wins this one. Season three…please come now!

Biggest Waste of Time (and yet I still do it): Farmville on Facebook. That’s right, ladies and gentleman…I’m an avid farmviller. I haven’t farmed quite so much since I’ve started working, but those dreary days of unemployment were countered with a trip to my sister’s house and extensive plowing, seeding and harvesting each day. Although, I must admit that anytime a cat ‘wandered onto my farm’ and it asked me if I’d like to help the cat, I said no. Call me cruel and heartless, but hating cats is in my blood. I can’t even pretend to like them. Although, I take that back…I tolerated one cat and that was only because she had leukemia or something. I really don’t know what she had. I asked Jeffrey every time I was over there, but I couldn’t ever remember, so it was tradition to make up a different disease for her every time I went over there and leukemia is the one that stuck. I believe my tolerance was due to mere sympathy for the poor thing than anything else. Either way, it’s the only cat I’ve let lay in my lap and actually pet it. I hope my Grandpa didn’t accuse me of betraying the family creed from up in Heaven. I’m sorry Grandpa. It won’t happen again!

Best place traveled to: Ireland. No competition. It was so fantastical. I wish I was back there now. I’d totally live there. My apologies to Utah, Texas, California, Colorado and Arizona. I love you all, but you’re definitely not as exotic as the motherland. Where else can you find rainbow painted sheep and dancers whose legs flail about as if independent from their bodies? Fantastic.

Best video on Youtube: A Very Potter Musical. Closely tailed by this fantastic compilation of gymnastics bloopers. Pain can be funny sometimes. Especially when it’s not me.

Best thing I’ve done: Taking out my endowments. That was seriously the best thing I’ve done my whole life...not just 2009, so it gets two Aunties. I can’t express how grateful I am that the Lord prompted me to do that before I came back to Texas. On the more dark and dreary days, the only place I could find and feel peace was inside the temple walls. It has been a wonderful blessing in my life and I hope that I will always hold the temple as dear to me as I do now.

Coolest thing I got to see: My best friend, Kami, get married in the temple! I could relive that moment over and over again, even though I cried like a baby. :)

Greatest loss: Cumby the fish. His funeral was truly touching (and kind of smelly since we dowsed the Viking boat in hairspray before we set it on fire)…I will forever remember the good times we’ve had together. Oh Cummerbund, the lives you’ve touched… *sheds a small tear*

Best thing I got to cross off my bucket list: Seeing my first shooting star. (technically this one would be Ireland too, but I can’t use it for two. That’s against Auntie rules and regulations) I’ve been waiting to see one my whole life and every time people saw them, I was never looking at the sky for whatever reason…blah. But booyah, shooting stars. I totally caught you in the act!

Best Production seen: This is a hard one…it’s got to be between Wicked and Riverdance. I’ll probably go with Wicked since I’d first seen Riverdance in 2008. If there were Auntie awards back then, it totally would have won, easy peazy. Both were so fantastic though that it’s hard to chose and be completely happy with my decision. Maybe we’ll call it a tie? Let me check the rules…yup, that’s allowed. Cool…so they both get an Auntie. Congrats!

Best purchase: My GPS. Even though it led us astray in Montana (curse you Garmin), it provided us with some awesomely hilarious memories after it was all over and we met some really nice people and some people who were kinda retarded, but were fun to laugh at *remembers the car shop guys* Me: My tires are flat, and one is off the track, can you fix it? Tire shop guy: What? That’s a strange thing to request. Me: Uh, you’re a tire store right? That’s what you do? So, do it! :) Good times. Other than that little hiccup, it has saved my life quite a few times. I’m notorious for getting lost and reading maps while driving is never a good idea. So, GPS, I thank you for being my constant guide, even though you almost killed me once. A small thing that I will overlook just this one time. Loose gravel signs still give me the heebie geebies….and so do ditches.

Best discovery: Propel and Chex Mix. Another tie (please see above rules). My life wouldn’t be the same without them.

Best Roommate: Emmy Pants. She’s been there through it all with me and never failed to help me when I needed it, make me laugh everyday and just accepted me 100% for who I was, flaws and all. I couldn’t have asked for a better roommate, especially with everything that happened this year. I don’t know what I would have done without you. The Lord definitely knew I needed you when he put you in my life so many moons ago. I think life was a little grayer before you came along!

Best product of Facebook stalking: Bethers, Bethie-poo, the mighty Ogg (all of the above). I dunno what I would do without you. You complete me haha. I’m so glad we have a wonderful thing called Facebook so that we could be brought together :) Getting to meet you and then coming out to visit you this year was absolutely fantastical. You have been an answer to many heartfelt prayers and I’m so grateful that you’re always just a click away (or phone call if either of us ever get up the guts to do it), whenever I need you.

Most Patient Award: My family (I guess this is technically a 5 way tie, but its okay because I said so). They’ve stuck through me and tried to be understanding when I was moody and grouchy and my gloomy pants were not coming off. Thanks for sticking with me y’all. Not that you have a choice really, but you made my transition period, when I moved back home, a little more bearable than it would’ve been otherwise.

I could keep going, but I won’t because I’m sure I’ve blogged about each of these things at least once so you’re probably tired of hearing about them all. So, thanks for the good times, 2009. May 2010 be full of more facebook and less moving. :) HA…so just kidding. That wont even happen cuz Amy and I just got approved to rent the house we were wanting to rent. BOOYAH. We move in on Februrary 1st! More on that later. I have decorating to do...XOXO

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Oh Wiff, come see me! And just so you know, I'm growing another brother inside a test tube. You know, so we can be more than pseudo sisters ;) I can't make any promises on his looks, though... *B

Unknown said...

Ogg...you're always thinking of me! :) His looks don't matter just as long as he puts up with my strange obsessions and is very nearly clean. But, until he's fully grown, Pseudo sisters it is! :) XOXO

JA and co. said...

Ooh, I definitely have to agree with Dark Knight...and the fabulous purchase of GPS's (mine gets me lots, too, sometimes...makes me want to throw it out the window). Oh, and I'm staying in Ft. Worth for another week and half, so I'll call you later and we can hook up with some other cool peeps!

Miranda said...

You should be a writer, you're hysterical! Loved reading through all of the 'Aunties'! I am a fellow Chuck fan, it's just so funny! Anyway, great post! Can't wait to go to Ireland in a couple of years (fingers crossed) and see those rainbow colored sheep! LOL :)

Meredith said...

Aw Bandaid how I love thee...you are so stinkin' hilarious! I should do this on my blog too but I don't really know what I'd call them, I don't really have a cool nickname(s) like you do...oh well!