Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Amazing What's Out There...

Pardon the extreme blogging-ness all of a sudden. These things just keep happening/me thinking of them and I think to myself…hmmm, self…we should blog about that. So, here’s the next one:

Websites, websites, websites….what’s out there amazes me. Recently, I have stumbled across a really awesome website and another not so really awesome website, although, because of the horribleness of its nature, I find it very funny, albeit, sickening. So, let’s get the bad news out of the way first and end on a good note, shall we?

I saw a commercial the other day for a website called WhoCanISue.com. That’s right, Who Can I Sue .com….really? Are we that desperate for money that we’d hire a lawyer to tell our stories to and have them figure out who I could legally sue so I can get some money out of the situation? I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not spend the money, and more importantly, the time for something like this. It’s sad that people are going to these extremes. Is it just me? Or are people getting more nasty? More selfish? More just, downright inconsiderate? Don’t get me wrong…I am a firm believer that there are opposites in all things, so with the nasty come the more sincere, kind and all around amazing people who are even stronger than in times past. Either way…it’s sad that a website like this exists. Although, there are worse things out there, for sure.

Now, onto the hilarious website. There is a website that, probably most people are familiar with called “Stuff White People Like.” It’s pretty popular, especially with…you guessed it…white people. There are quite a few things listed, so it takes forever to read thru them all, but I’ve read some of them and I admit…I laugh, or sometimes chuckle, to myself. However, this is not the website I’m talking about. ‘Stuff BYU People Like” was inspired by the said website and is much shorter. I believe there are only 10 or 15 things, but it goes into great detail as to why we like these things. I seriously cried from laughing so hard. If you didn’t attend BYU, you may not get some of them, but either way, it’s a great look into what my life was like for 5 years. May I add one more to the list though? BYU People like putting their car in neutral and coasting down 900 East to see how far they can get. At first, I thought it was just my friend and I that did it. We’d hit the spot at the top of the hill, marked by the MTC (missionary training center), we’d shove our cars in neutral and see if we could get through all of the lights, all the way down to the bottom of the hill (about 2ish miles down), and into a parking spot in our apartment complex, right off of 9th without putting our cars back in drive. We would have these competitions to see who could do it the most in one week. The funny thing is, is while I was in the car with other people, they would do it to. Of course, we’d never draw attention to our gas saving scheme, but I noticed…mostly because I was looking. It’s fantastic and we all do it. Well, maybe not ALL…but a good chunk of us did it. Good times. I tip my hat to you, BYU…thanks for the good times and all the fantastic, ghetto memories! I miss thee… :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Wow, that's somethin' special Bandaid! I guess I really missed out by not going to BYU! ;)