Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My New Abode

I've had requests for pictures of my new house that I'm renting with Amy...so, as promised, here it goes! :)



Here's my bedroom! May I just say, thank you, Grandmama for picking great mattresses. :) I love this bed.


The little entry way when you walk in to the house...home sweet home!


This is where I spend my time watching Chuck and reading and all that jazz :) I'm grateful for slip covers as they turned my mom's old couches into something cute. Nothin like goin green :)

Here was my big project...this is the before picture.

And here is the after! :)
Through all of this, I have learned 3 things:
1. I have entirely too much stuff. It would surprise you how amazingly little I had to actually purchase in the decoration of this house
2. I still hate moving. Especially when its icy cold outside. Good timing huh? Pretty sure it was like 70 degrees the week we moved in and then Friday morning it dropped down to the 40s or something. BRRRRR
3. I'm still as OCD as I was before...I didn't sleep much knowing there were still boxes to be unpacked and/or dishes in the sink, etc. That may be something that I never grow out of.

I didn't take pictures of EVERYTHING...mostly because the computer room still isn't done yet :) But that's not going to be too exciting anyway. Its definitely not much, but its home...:)

7 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

Looks great Tara! I love the chairs, you did a great job. :)

Adrienne said...

I knew you were moving, but not into a house. How cool! Where is it located? so you left Cods at your parent's house huh? Congrats on the new place!

The Writ Wit said...

A few things... first off, it looks great and homey! Secondly, that's a lot of Jesus pictures. Thirdly, I kinda liked the chairs. But that's probably because they were red ;) And fourthly, yay for my sign making it into your home decor!

Can't wait for you to come help me homify my place. Paint brushes and Chuck episodes, here we come! *B

The Writ Wit said...

PS- I accidentally posted as Brad, but you know who I really am ;)

The Writ Wit said...

PPS - I just noticed the Twilight calendar AND my little crochet square! Oh, how I love thee. *B

Meredith said...

Wow you have gotten a lot done since move-in day! May I say that I LOVE the Twilight calendar on your wall - although it would be better if this month's picture weren't Bella, who wants to look at her anyway if you can look at the boys! AND I love that on that entire TV wall, all you see are rows and rows of movies and DVDs - you are Bandaid, love it!

Jen Bowen said...

Nice work decorating. Hopefully I can see it in person when we move to TX this summer.