Monday, March 30, 2009

The Festival of Colors

So I've recently been chastised about not putting enough pictures on my blog, so I'm gonna try to do better from now on in hopes to please Ashley's boredom. haha. Although, most of the stuff I blog about are things that she was there for, so I dunno what she's so sad about...lol jk girl! I heartcha!

This weekend, I went to this thing called The Festival of Colors. It's held every year at the Krishna temple in American Fork. Holi is the "holiday" where Hindu's celebrate the coming of Spring (even though it definitely snowed yesterday and today...lame). They burn a fake witch to start off the celebration and then everyone throws colored chalk at each other.

We got there a little bit late so we weren't there for the initial attack, but we still got our fare share of chalk-age. The best part was that the pink didn't come out as well, so the 5 of us went to church yesterday with random bits of pink left on our skin and hair that wouldn't come out no matter how hard we scrubbed. Good times! :) I sure love my friends!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That is hilarious - love the chalky look!

Honeybee said...

I found the same thing about the pink. The rest of the chalk came out, but that pink stayed in a spot on my jeans and my tank top still has pink at the bottom. I am not sure if it will ever come out. :)