Thursday, March 5, 2009

A New Twist to Life

It’s almost been three weeks since I’ve been back from Ireland…I think instead of being on cloud 9, I’m now on cloud 8 or 7, but anytime someone asks me about it, I get this huge, retarded grin on my face and start jumping up and down. I feel like a little kid that’s waiting to open her presents on Christmas day. But, that’s good right?

These last few weeks have been quite eventful! For starters, the week I got back, I decided that I was going to suck it up and apply for Grad School at Naropa (in Boulder, CO). I’ve been thinking about it ever since the post that I wrote about the possibility of going forever ago and I’d been feeling iffy about it. I think being in Ireland, away from my responsibilities and other distractions, gave me a lot of time to reflect on what I wanted to do with my life. I never really thought about grad school as an option before and the very idea of leaving kinda scares the poop out of me. The more I thought about it though, the more excited I got and I realized that I shouldn’t let being afraid of starting fresh again (new friends, new place, new experiences) hold me back from doing something that I would love to do. I realized that I’m holding on to certain things that are engulfed in Provo and I just needed to let go of them and let life take me where it wants to. I think it will be great to get out of Provo where there’s so much pressure here to get married and to be constantly dating and blah blah...its hard though. It’s home. Not to mention that I still really want to live with Em and Jen in the Fall. Although, that will happen if I don’t make it in and I find another job outside of Provo…I’ll still be here if I can’t find something else though. I’d rather have a part time job and stay in Provo than no job and move home or somewhere else. I think I would go crazy without a job.

Other than that, I’ve been keeping insanely busy with Relief Society stuff. We’ve had a couple of enrichment activities that have been really intense on the planning end of it and I’m still not all caught up with everything even after they are done, but it’s been good. I love serving, and it keeps me busy! Along with that, I’ve been learning to crochet! It’s kind of the cheater way though…I have a loom thing that I bought at a craft store, but it totally works :) Beth asked me to help her make hats to donate to the NICU so I decided to extend it to our Relief Society for anyone who was wanting a service opportunity. It’s been fun to learn to make them…and they are so cute! I love little things. :) Also, here’s the story of the day for you: the zipper to my Ireland jacket broke a couple of months ago, so while I was at Walmart the other day, getting things for the starter 72 hour kits that we were making for our girls, I thought, hey…I’ll buy a zipper so I can replace the one in my jacket, right? Well…I was kinda distracted and making sure that I wasn’t forgetting anything else for the kits, that I wasn’t really thinking about the whole zipper thing….I got the kind that you put in dresses, that don’t come apart at the bottom….I didn’t really think about it until after I sewed the first side of it onto my jacket, so now, my jacket is no longer a jacket….it’s a hoodie with a zipper. Lol. Since it doesn’t come apart at the bottom, I just leave it zipped now and slip it over my head. Still very funny though…I am living proof that things as simple as zippers can get messed up. Lol. Anyway, this is getting kinda long, so I’m outta here! Love yall bad! XOXO

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay, a new comment! I miss my Auntie updates on a regular basis. I think Grad school is an awesome choice. Keep us posted! Love you!

jenbwaite said...

Haha, i want to see the sweater.. so it zips from top to bottom or something? can't wait to hear what happens with grad school! good luck!

Kiera said...

That would be fun to try a new place! I have heard Colorado is really nice!