Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Edward = Ice Cream Truck

To preface this entry, I'm going to expose you all to a little bit of Twilight goodness. For those who have never read the books, nor seen the movies, there's a part when Bella finds out that Edward is a vampire. He's telling her about what it's like to be a vampire and here's what he says: "I'm the worlds most dangerous predator. Everything about me invites you in. My voice, my face, even my smell. As if I would NEED any of that. As if you could out run me. As if you could fight me off. I'm designed to kill." With that said, I'm going to continue on with my story...

I made a very large connection/realization yesterday when Emily and I were on a bike ride (yes the weather IS that beautiful) and on the way back, we passed an ice cream truck. One of my weaknesses. When I was a kid, I heard that annoying song, and I couldn't help but go inside and beg my mom for money. When we heard it, it made all of my memories of childhood summers come screaming back to me. Then...it clicked. Ice Cream trucks are like Edward...just not very hot. They are very vampirical in nature....they may not be predators, but really, they kinda are. To quote Edward: "everything about them invites you in (minus the annoying song, but really, how would we recognize that it was coming without it)...as if it would need any of that. As if you could out run me!" hahahahha We were seriously cracking up with the image of an ice cream truck making the chase to lure some kids into buying ice cream. With that said, enjoy the image everytime you hear the ice cream man coming around the corner. :)

Anyway, it's St. Pats day and I'm lovin it. I lost my keys...and I use the term loosely. They were inside my tennis shoes....but I didn't know that until I was turning my room inside out to try to find them. We had an Irish pot luck at work and I got to do a presentation on Ireland and it made me yearn for it just a little. And in better news, Beth had her baby on Wednesday! YAYUH! She's so beautiful and I'm so happy for her! Not to mention that I bought little Elsie Rae a St. Patties Day outfit and she definitely makes it look so cute! AND Jen came back from Chile. Emily and I are going to see her this weekend and I can't wait. It'll be so good to see her again! We've missed you soooooo bad, Jen! Anyway, I'm gonna go do some more St. Pat's Day celebrations. Heartcha bad! XOXO

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That's way funny, I won't tell Sydney that story lest she think that the ice cream truck is going to turn into a vampire! :) I might think about it a little differently when I hear it now though...ahhh, the mother ship!

JA and co. said...

Haha! I'm lovin' the Edward/ice cream truck comparison. Now anytime I eat ice cream I'll think about you trying to outrun trucks.