Monday, November 24, 2008

Salute to Brothers!

Woah man…this was such a great weekend! It all started off with a little thing that I like to call the midnight showing of TWILIGHT! WOO HOO! I really, really enjoyed it. There were some things about it that I didn’t necessarily like, that I think, had I not read the book before, I wouldn’t have fully understood, but then again, it was midnight…how much do I ever fully understand after my bedtime? :) I would go more into it, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who may want to see it eventually. Anyway, in all, it was great and I fully intend on seeing it again with Kami on Tuesday. Can’t wait! :)

Friday, I went to work somewhat awake and then came home and took a much needed nap. I set my alarm for my class and I pushed, what I thought was the snooze button, but really I just turned it off and woke up when my class was getting over. Haha. OOPS! :) Sleep…it does a body good! Anyway, later that night, I went with Erin and her parents to the Bell Concert in SLC. It was fun…they played a couple of my favorite Christmas songs so that was a plus.

Saturday I got a lot of much needed things done…like laundry. I don’t think I’d done it in about 3 weeks and it was starting to get a little out of control haha. AND, more importantly, my brother came! WAHOO! Once he got there, we went to Leatherby’s because he’d never been there before. I know what you’re thinking…what? An Anderson that hasn’t been to an ice cream place? Weird, I know…but don’t worry. We fixed that problem really fast. It was delish! We came back to the Breinholt’s and watched the game. We’re still convinced that Hall threw the game on purpose since that means that BYU gets a bunch more money than they would have if we won…it makes me feel better about the loss anyway. :) After the game, we had some Carl’s Jr. for dinner (we were all too depressed to cook) and then played Crud for a good chunk of time. The best part tho, was that after we got home for Leatherby’s, Jeremy decided to pull his parents car into the garage horizontally so they couldn’t park their mini in there when they got home from the Temple. So, once the time drew near that they were supposed to be there, we huddled around the living room windows, waiting for them to get home. I’m pretty sure they just sat in the mini, staring at the open garage and the ill placed car for about a good 20 seconds. Haha. It was hilarious. Their reactions were priceless.

Sunday, I woke up and wrote my talk and then high tailed it off to the state prison to speak in their sacrament meeting (that’s for you Meredith!) I always love going there! It’s such a cool experience. After that, it was pretty much just a chill night with the Breinholt’s and Puden. I’m kinda bummed cuz I don’t get to see him until Tuesday (I still have class and work), but its all good…I’m just glad he’s here! Gotta love the brother time! Brothers are awesome and here's why:
1. They always know exactly when you let your guard down so they can pounce on you, just when you are at your weakest moment to ensure maximum tackle-age. I'm not sure how he knows...he just does. Its like a little buzzer inside his head that goes off, signaling him that I'm not paying attention to his every move.
2. They can be easy to control (in the nicest way)...the secret isn't that hard to figure out. If you want the power, all you have to do is play with their hair or scratch their back. It's really that simple. Then, they're putty in your hands.
3. They're big teddy bears when they aren't picking on you and throwing you into stuff. As much as they pick on you, they still have that soft spot for their sisters.

There's definitely more, but I have to get going...work calls you know? Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours! XOXO

2 comments:

Jen said...

i miss thos huge burgers from carls jr! i'm glad you got to spend time with your brother. sounds like a FUN weekend!

Meredith said...

Awww, y'all had ice cream without me! Well at least it wasn't the Creamery, that would be high treason!!! Glad y'all are having fun, I miss you and wish I was there to watch him tackle you; I bet you are getting sat on a LOT right now between all those boys, well and Dad too, doesn't he sit on you! :) Really what I totally wish is that I had seen the Envoy sideways in the garage - that is so freakin hilarious! I might still be giggling about that, silly Pooh Bear!