Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh, Archie!

Two words. One name. David Archuleta. Call me sick for secretly harboring a special love for the 18 year old little Mormon boy from Murray, UT...I wont care. He rocks my socks...which by the way, I got three new pair yesterday and I'm in HEAVEN. They are the kind that are kinda squishy at the bottom. *tickled pink* You know...pink isn't a good color for me...from now on, I'm going to change that expression to *ticked green* Everyone cool with that? Good. Anyway, If I could have a new pair of awesome socks every day, I think every day would be great, no matter what. New socks just do it for me...they can get me through anything. Kinda like ice cream, except socks don't make you cold. :) Anyway, back to Archie...his new CD came out yesterday and Emily and I have been listening to it non-stop! Its so incredibly awesome. My favorite song so far is "Waiting for Yestserday." If you get bored, youtube it or something...its great and will fill your heart with joy. haha. Maybe not, but I sure like it. Poor Emily...she's probably tired of hearing it. Thank goodness for the repeat feature. it saves me a lot of finger clicking :)

Also...Twilight countdown: 8 days! *jumps for joy* I can't wait. There was a little preview during Heroes on Monday that made me really happy! I can't believe its so close. I finally finished everyone's shirts last night. We're gonna look AWESOME next Thursday night! That's also our ward talent show/Thanksgiving dinner night...so much for taking a huge nap before. haha. Oh well, its going to be so amazing. I doubt that I'll even think about my RLS or being tired. And if I do, that's what poppin pills is for right? haha. I'm sucha druggie sometimes. In my defense....okay, I really don't have anything good to say to that really...so never mind :)

Funny 'retard switch' story from Monday: the conversation went a little something like this...don't quote me on it, but you get the idea:
*an Arby's commercial comes on*
Me: Have you ever had an Arby's Melt? *my personal favorite*
Adam: Yeah! Those are good...have you had the Swiss Ham?
Me: Nope...is there cheese on it?
Adam: *looks at me funny* Yeah...Swiss.
Me: DANG IT!
*insert laughter here*
Yeah...smooth huh? In my defense, I was more concerned because his stomach doesn't handle cheese very well anymore and I was thinking about that rather than what the name of it was. haha. Not to mention, that I probably wasn't thinking, apparently. haha. The funny thing was, on Sunday at Disney night, we were watching Tarzan and one of my FHE brothers was making fun of Jane because her 'retard switch' was definitely on whenever Tarzan was around. He said something about not usually seeing the girl with her retard switch on and I was like...oh we have them...we're just REALLY good at hiding it. And in my head, I was thinking...yeah, I don't think I've ever exposed my switch before to where it was obvious. UGH...so funny though. In my head, I was thinking...'what the heck is wrong with you, idiot?' hahaha. Definitely classic tho. Good times for sure. Moral of the story: The retard switch serves no good purpose... :) Anyway, I'm gonna head out...I gotta go observe at Westside pretty soon. I heart y'all bad! XOXO

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oooooooo! i will for sure youtube my dear David. Hahahaha, remember how obsessed i was? it was ridiculous, I know. I still love him, but i'm not quite as bad as before. oooh, and retard swtich story was awesome. I'm pretty sure mine is turned on A LOT.

Meredith said...

I have a conversation like that - you will appreciate it:
~Me watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition
~Ben walks in and sees the TV and notices where the family got to go on vacation so he says to me
"Cool, looks like the family got to go to Italy?" (They were showing the Coliseum)
"No, I think they're actually in Rome"
Blank stare from Ben...wait for it...wait for it...
"OH, ya, what? Did I just really say that?"
So now when we say something dumb they are called "Rome, Italy moments"! :)

Love ya!

Ashton Halladay said...

Quote: Plus, you get a killer few weeks of Tornado season with awesome rain and green skies.

If you're seeing green skies, it means the tornado has already got you, and you're looking "up" at the grass.

...

...Texas has grass, right?

Emily said...

did you realize that you said you wanted to change tickled pink to ticked green? hahahaha - still laughing!! Jen how can you not be as obsessed? come back to the states and we will help you!! Oh tara how I heart you!

Jen Bowen said...

Hey! I'm a little behind in my blog reading but reading this made me miss you lots. My Gmail chat isn't working and I haven't gotten to talk to you in forever. Depending on Zach maybe we can crash a Disney movie night or something.

Retard switch moments make for great stories. That reminds me, I miss story time...Also, I can't believe Twilight comes out in less than a week! Woot!

JA and co. said...

I love the retard switch! You totally inspire me.