Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Anticipation

This week has been crazy slow and yet surprisingly busy. Work has been a lot slower because everyone is out in Arizona for the TECBD conference. I'm sad that I didn't get to go this year, but its probably better anyway...I need to be all rested up for Thursday night...talent show AND midnight showing of Twilight. Sheesh. Talk about good times. Although, I do miss getting to spend three days in warm, Arizona weather. Not to mention that the per diem I get for the three days is like $150 for food alone. haha. Talk about a good way to save up. In all fairness, I got a small case of food poisoning last time so maybe its a good thing I didn't go this year haha. Poor Melly...thanks for putting up with my grouchy pants those few days! Strangely enough though, my awesome power suit that I got for the presentation day made me feel a lot better. Its amazing what a nice suit can do to your spirits! :) Plus, Melly went with me to see Happy Feet since it came out while we were there. Gotta love it...Melly, you're one of my favorites! Here's to fun memories in Tempe!

Ben, one of my co-workers who also got left behind, and I are the only ones here all week. Some of the other student employees are in and out for a few hours, but really...its boring and very quiet here. In the past, Isaac usually brought rock band and we'd hook it up to the projector and play for a while to let go of our "we got left behind blues," but alas, Isaac has moved on to bigger and better places and took his rock band with him. The nerve, Isaac. I mean really...what are we supposed to do now? There is only so much a trip to the gas station for some snacks will do. :)

Last night, I went to practice my dance for the talent show and the room I found had a REALLY slippery floor so I was all over the place. Can you imagine? My talent for falling + an extremely slippery floor. The results were priceless. I was practicing some of my flip things and now I have bruises on my hip bones. haha. Totally worth it though...I miss jazz/contemporary dancing so much. This may very well be the last time I get to dance my heart out, unless I teach again, so I'm determined to make it good. Bring on the bruises. Anyway, back to my story...so afterwards, I was icing down my shins (shin splits...gotta love em) and my muscles were hurting so I called up my friend Ashley and we hit up the hot tub and then decided that it would be a great idea to make pina coladas and play some original mario brothers on the nintendo. It was great. You...complete me, Ash! haha

Despite being left behind and having bruises in strange places, this week has been absolutely awesome for some reason. I'm not sure why exactly...but I'm definitely not complaining. The article that we wrote about the research that Lynnette, Michelle, Tyler and I have been conducting for the last 3 years finally got published! The book came in the mail yesterday and I've been jumping around hysterically showing select people who knew of my intense excitement for it to arrive. And in other news...we were put in bowling teams last week, and my team hasn't lost yet. Granted we've only played two rounds, but still...I can hold me own now...sometimes. :) Anyway, this is gettin kinda lengthy and I'm sure I'll have PLENTY to write about on Friday after I see Twilight. *girlish giggles of excitement* AND my bro comes on Saturday and I'm speaking in Sacrament meeting in prison on Sunday. I really don't think this week could get better...I mean, obviously, I can think of a FEW things, but still...it's been great and I have so many things to look forward to over the next few days! I hope everyone else has had a great week, too! XOXO

3 comments:

Jen said...

wow, so many fun things coming your way! twilight comes out a week later here. we are getting excited too. :) and, i wish i could have watched you practice your dancing! good memories last year. rascal flatts "feels like today" reminds me of you now.

Meredith said...

My favorite part of this lengthy post was that you are speaking in Sacrament Mtg in prison again - you know how that makes me grin!!! :) Happy Twilight night...I'll get some sleep for you, hopefully.

Honeybee said...

I miss TECBD and my power suit which does not fit me anymore...darn getting skinnier. I keep forgetting to call you about the date too...when you think about it give me a call and we can talk about it. Miss you. Can't wait to do something awesome with you! SMILE :)