Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tricky, tricky, tricky!

I would like to start out this entry with a well known movie quote in my family. It comes from an old Western movie starring John Wayne called "McLintock!" Its pretty awesome if anyone is ever bored and in need of something fun to watch! Anyway, the quote goes a little something like this..."Random servant guy: GW, what does the word unprepossessing mean? GW: I was called that once (insert name here). I looked it up in the dictionary. It's best you don't know what it means!" Well, me being the curious person that I can sometimes be, I decided that it was best that I do know what it means, so I looked it up. Now, this word actually happened to be in the dictionary, but you know what I've noticed in the past? The dictionary can be completely misleading...don't you hate it when you go to look up a word and it just says, "the act of being (fill in the word you originally were looking up)." BLAH...like we know what that means! I'm guessing that whoever wrote those entries was just trying to pull one on us, and you know what? it worked. So then, I have to go to other sources to find out what it means. Luckily, we have wonderful little things like google to help us out...but honestly. Who thought that was a good idea? Funny...but not the brightest thing ever.

Anyway, I'm done with my soap box. I just thought I would throw that question out there and see if anyone else has noticed that. Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday and since my sister's is coming up too, we're going out to dinner for both of them. I think we're gonna try to go to BABES which, may I say, YUM?!?! I'm so excited. I haven't been there in who knows how long! I'm gonna pull out my stretchy pants and brace myself for the meat sweats! I always tell myself that since the mashed potatoes, biscuits and cream corn are all you can eat, I'll just save my fried chicken for home and eat it later but it never happens. I at least have one piece and try to fight off the second one. It's totally worth it though. I feel sorry for places outside of Texas who don't know the glory of this restaurant.

Do you know who else I feel sorry for? Lactose Intolerant people. I think I would die if I had that problem. I was made quite aware of it this year as two of my roommates were pretty inflicted with this horrible trial. It made me look at my life and realize just how much I need milk. I go through at LEAST one gallon of milk a week, not to mention that if a day goes by when I don't eat ice cream...its a very sad day indeed. And one that usually doesn't happen too often. Those are my two most important food groups...milk and ice cream. Without either, I would not survive. haha. I think the Lord knows that it would be a trial that I wouldn't be able to have strength enough for. That's why I hope I never have it. lol. Although, I had to drink goats milk one time cuz I had kidney problems and I tell you what...that stuff was NASTY! Lucky for me, I have and older brother and sister whom I look up to immensely, so my mom made them drink it so that i would. *insert evil laughter here* Pretty sure that it still tasted disgusting, but it was a little be sweeter knowing i was taking them down with me! hahaha. That's what I like to think anyway...I was pretty little, so I dont think my brain worked that way just yet. Maybe...who knows! :) Anyway, I start my dance classes tomorrow for the little ones so I should probably be getting to bed so I'm not all loopy when I'm trying to teach them how to plie! Although, me showing them how to do it, and falling over does sound pretty funny.....:)

3 comments:

Zarah said...

I'd have to agree with you, a day without ice cream is a very sad day indeed. They must put something in there that makes it so great. We were kinda hoping that you forgot about the gas money so you wouldn't have to pay us back. No such luck huh? haha we'll work on figuring that out. Heartcha back!

Honeybee said...

Oh, I remember how much I miss you. And I just realized that I got my immense love of ice cream from you. I also have to eat some every day or it is not considered a good one. Weird, but true. It also I am convinced helped my knee to heal. I love it that much. Have fun at home. I will miss you. When do you get back?

Meredith said...

You're hilarious, such awesome randomness....looking forward to reading your next post about gravy!!! :)