Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blast off!

Today is FINALLY the last day of classes. WAHOO! I love days like these...knowing that I can say that by this time next week, I'll either be completely done or maybe have 1 or 2 finals left. This also means that I'll only have one more semester left, but more importantly, I get to go home and see my new niece! I got to talk to them on Skype the other day and so I actually got to "see" her which was fun! She's so beautiful! I can't wait! Not to mention that mom wants me to help her find things for their new living room...like floor lamps, coffee tables, etc. Good times! :)

I boxed up all of my winter clothes yesterday...it felt pretty good, although, I looked at the weather forecast for the next 10 days, and two of which said "flurries" on the description..1) I think I cursed it and 2) WHAT THE? It's the middle of April..."flurries" should be something we're all wishing for because it's so hot outside. BLAH. My roommates and I sat out on the grass on Sunday, meaning to take naps and work on religion homework, but you can probably guess that that definitely didn't happen! We kind of attracted a large crowd and then just ended up playing for like 2 hours. haha. good times. You really can't beat it though! Which is why I'm so bummed that I may have to dig back into my winter clothes selections. I probably wont tho. I'll protest and just wear lots of layers and jackets. :) Although, packing up all of my winter clothes made me realize something horrible...I've been in Utah for so long that at least 3/4 of my wardrobe is winter clothes. Talk about wake up call. I need to get out of here soon. I need to get back to the place where there are 2 seasons...summer and the two weeks of not summer around Christmas time. Sometimes we refer to those 2 weeks as "Fall," but I really think that's just because everyone there has heard of it and they've never seen it so they're just assuming that that's what it is. :)

So, these last couple of weeks at work have been GREAT. We haven't had hardly anything to do, so I'll sit and work on my reviews and watch The Office online. I've almost made it through season 2 and I've finished 1 and 4...I feel kind of bad that I'm getting paid to do my homework and watch TV, but it is kinda fun! I'm sure it wont last long so, I should definitely enjoy it while I still can. Anyway, I'm gonna head out and keep doing nothing, so I'll catch yall later! XOXO

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay! Bandaid is going to be coming home! Good luck on your finals! I am at that point too, just two more weeks left and anything to do. You are going to love Mallory, and she will of course love her Auntie! See you soon!

Adrienne said...

haha that is supposed to be "nothing to do"

Jen Bowen said...

Things are nice and easy at work right now. You'll probably leave right when things get busy again. I'll miss you! I watched all 4 seasons of the Office here at work in about 2 weeks. I'd feel guilty but there's honestly no work to do besides answer the occasional phone call! See you here at work in about an hour!

Adrienne said...

Hey Bandaid? How long will you be up at BYU? Heath and I are flying in to visit his family May 13-May21st. I was just wondering if you were going to be there or if you would already be home. Hope your finals are going well. Love you!

Kiera said...

How exciting to be almost done! That is great. It will be good to see you.