Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday's Musings

Holy crap! I just love Sundays. I was kind of hoping for a quiet Sunday for a change. One where I get to take a nap and just kind of relax and enjoy the slowness of the day...yeah, that DEFINITELY didn't happen. :) It was a weird day from the start. My mom came into my room before I had woken up and started talking to me, however I wasn't really conscious at the moment. Usually, she tries to wake me up before she starts talking to me, but maybe she's a little out of practice. Anyway, I go downstairs cuz she made us some oatmeal for breakfast. I showered and got ready for church as normal, but once I was almost done, my cousin whitney comes in and starts to climb all over me. I continued being a jungle gym up until we left for church where I continued to be a jungle gym for Sydney and an apparently very fun poking object for Ben, Heath and Cody. haha. good times. Today was my day that I just couldn't catch a break. lol.

I think the best part of church (aside from the Spirit n stuff) was the fact that during the Sacrament prayer, Sydney farted really big on my lap. Our whole row was just cracking up because it was insanely large in stature. I'm sure the Bishopric was thinking, "Who are these crazy visitors and why are they laughing so hard?" lol. Good times. Sydney then decided to fart while she was sitting in my hands which is always funny, right?

After church, we went home and I was then bombarded by both Sydney and Whitney to read them book upon book. Now I'm at Ben and Merediths and they just turned on Elf and I'm so excited to watch it since I haven't seen it this year. This movie just cracks me up.

In all, its been a good Sunday. It was nice to not have to worry about who was saying the prayers, what songs we were going to sing and all that jazz. Not to mention that any day where Syd randomly looks at you, gives you a big sloppy kiss and says, "I just love you, Auntie," can't be labeled as a bum day.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

poor Auntie, so picked on! well at least you know she loves you; the rest of us don't get the time of day from her when you're around! Glad the fart was on you and not me, although I might have smelt it from up in the choir section! :) Just kidding! I just love you too Auntie, thanks for going to RS with me today, it was funny! And instead of you worrying about the music and prayers and such, it was me...seriously, weird!

Amy Pennington said...

so sad mer and I arent in the same ward...cause I don't get my usual sunday before christmas visit from you guys!