Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Good times...

So this week has been pretty good despite how crazy busy I've been. After having a GREAT weekend in Vegas with my favorite gal pal/sister, Monday kicked off with a sweet round of the fruit game at FHE. You basically pick a fruit and if someone calls your fruit, you have to yell someone else's fruit before you get hit in the head with something...in this case, a blow up baseball bat! It was definitely good. Not to mention that the dessert was yummy, which was then followed by an intense whipped cream fight! I definitely got it the worst, but it was worth it. It was really only because everyone realized that after the huge fight, I didn't have any on me so they all ganged up on me. I had no hope of staying unsticky! :) Tuesday I worked a lot on my costume which is looking awesomely by the way! I also was invited to attend the much anticipated "Bob Ross Date." I'm sure you all remember Bob Ross...the afro painting man, who paints happy little everythings! It was definitely awesome. There were three "couples" and each couple had their own canvas to share. They found an episode of Bob Ross on youtube and then we painted...needless to say that it didn't turn out QUITE like Bob's, but in Flaura's words, "Oh I improved it!" It was definitely fun. Today I got a lot done with my genealogy projects (that's right...two!) and more on one of my communications papers and yes, more with my costume. I ran into Laura (my roommate) today when walking home from class, so we decided to stop at J-Dawgs which is this student owned hot dog stand. I hear about how awesome it is ALL the time by everyone and their mom and so today was my first day to try one and woah dang...it was good! Not only that, but on the way home, we saw a huge pile of leaves in someone's yard and we jumped in it. Good times. Not to mention that we also took a study break to go to one of the best ice cream places ever...Sub Zero! They make it right in front of you with liquid nitrogen. It's freaking awesome and it just tastes so darn good!

THe rest of the week will probably be the same awesomeness! I'm going to the Zoo with Zarah and Ashton tomorrow so we can check out the penguins (mine and Zarah's favorite animal), which will then be followed by watching Smallville and the Office and then playing a round of egyptian rat screw (an awesome card game) becuase he thinks he can beat me and I say otherwise. So we have a bet on it...who ever loses has to buy the other person some sub zero. I'm happy cuz either way, I get ice cream! :) Friday I have a blind date with someone that my friend absolutely loves, so that should be fun and Saturday I'm wakin up early to go to the temple, and then high tailin it up to SLC to do more genealogy research like ALL DAY. WAHOO. I also have another bet going on with my roommate this week...its kinda gross, but whatever...I don't care. haha. She decided that she wanted us to see who could go a whole week without changing socks. We've just finished day 3 and well...it kinda smells, but I think I'm gonna hold out! If we both last til Sunday we get Dairy Queen ice cream, if someone poops out...the other buys it for both. If you can't tell...I LOVE ice cream and it pretty much motivates me to do anything. haha. Anyway, this is pretty long, so i'm signin out! XOXO

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Bandaid you're hilarious! I need your pic of of the Jr. Jr. Bacon cheese by the way...that picture is missing from my slideshow. I still love tamales, by the way, too. And I hope you haven't replaced your 'glass' yet, they are classic. I am going to miss Smallville AGAIN tonight for another church meeting so take very good notes, I will be needing another update. Glad you're having a good week! :) Miss ya!

Amy Pennington said...

I love your new decor....girl you live the life! Thanks for your email!